Never in my WILDEST dreams

Rock DJ

I was HOPING for a split, thankful for the game one win.

Then last night, Connolly gets knocked out of the game, Kalinin and Gaustad leave for a bit, Briere and Drury get hurt, and Miller plays lights out.

Sens still have a ton of talent, which cannot be overlooked, so I refuse to allow myself to get too cocky, but DAMN..... ya just can't NOT believeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pretend it's last Thursday. Someone says they've looked into a crystal ball and have forseen these things:

Ottawa would score 6 goals in Game 1.

The Sens would be leading by 1 with just over a minute to go.

In game 2, the Sens would put 44 shots on net.

Tim Connolly would not play the entire game.

Ray Emery would only let in 2 goals in game 2.

The Sabres would only score 1 PPG in the 1st 2 games.

Kalinin and Gaustad would leave the game due to injuries.

Personally, I'm not sure anyone in their right mind could have heard all these things and imagined the Sabres would have won even 1 game, let alone nab 2, IN OTTAWA.

People have been saying it all year, but there is just something completely different about this Sabre team....

I can't explain my mood today. Don't get me wrong -- I am peeing myself just like everyone else. It's amazing, it's wonderful, it's incredible, its...

Why do I feel so reserved? Ottawa just terrorizes me, I guess. The Sabres stole two games, one for Miller and one by Miller, but can they keep it up at home? Maybe it's the echoing of that losing streak late in the season. Remember the Sabres got into some bad habit, but kept winning, then it all fell apart. Are we seeing that again? Getting behind on the road, expecting a miracle comeback every night. Allowing tons of opportunities, expecting your goalie to steal a game. Sound familiar?

Now there?s the insecurity and paranoia of a Buffalo sports fan!

Something else is echoing: the Hasek years. Our power play has been a drag, just like then. Despite nine goals in the first two games, our chances have been few and far between. We want to rope a dope, have the goalie stand on his head, then counter attack. Sounds like 1999. I'm not sure I want to go through that particular version of Hell again.

Injuries, too, have me worried. More insecurity: The Sabres get to the conference finals or beyond and lose and someone says, ?Well you know they took such a beating in the first two rounds, they had nothing left.?

Anyone want to volunteer to come down here and just turn my f*cking lights out? Someone Umberger me. Please. :)

I think the Sabs can win 2 of the next 5. This series is far from over. For the Sens to win 4 of 5, we'd have to completely fall apart. It will still be a struggle, even though we got the best possible results so far. It doesn't matter how you win, just that you do win.

I can't explain my mood today. Don't get me wrong -- I am peeing myself just like everyone else. It's amazing, it's wonderful, it's incredible, its...

Why do I feel so reserved? Ottawa just terrorizes me, I guess. The Sabres stole two games, one for Miller and one by Miller, but can they keep it up at home? Maybe it's the echoing of that losing streak late in the season. Remember the Sabres got into some bad habit, but kept winning, then it all fell apart. Are we seeing that again? Getting behind on the road, expecting a miracle comeback every night. Allowing tons of opportunities, expecting your goalie to steal a game. Sound familiar?

I've had those same feeling since the game ended last night.

Archived