CBC's Coverage for Game 2

Hirly5

At least South Dakota has Mount Rushmore.

...Although it does have a French name for its capital.

Except when they pronounce the capital of their state they drop the -re from the pronounciation - it's just Pier. (As in Rick Jeanneret has no peers!)

Except when they pronounce the capital of their state they drop the -re from the pronounciation - it's just Pier. (As in Rick Jeanneret has no peers!)

Just looking at the capitals, you'd think North Dakota would have invaded South Dakota by now.

"But if there is, it will be for Ryan Miller and the Olympic slight, not for Nationalistic reasons."

I disagree. It's not against Esche or atlanta.. and in 1997 game 7 against Ottawa I was there and there was definitely more than one USA chant that game. Even the Jumbotron was showing the USA stuff.

"But if there is, it will be for Ryan Miller and the Olympic slight, not for Nationalistic reasons."

I disagree. It's not against Esche or atlanta.. and in 1997 game 7 against Ottawa I was there and there was definitely more than one USA chant that game. Even the Jumbotron was showing the USA stuff.

In this series chanting USA might be nationalistic, but last series the chants were refering to Miller not being on team USA and Emery their goalie

I agree.

My whole point is though, we're from buffalo we want buffalo to win.

Once a canadians local team is knocked out, they root for any canadian team left.

They want a canadian winner. It's in their blood.

Canada right now is divided, half root for the Oilers while the other half are rooting for the Senators.

The thing that kills me about the CBC guys is not that they are slightly biased to the Sens, that is to be expected ... it's that the guys calling the game seem to not know, in MAY, who is who on the Sabres ... it's always "here comes Buffalo out of their end ... the Sabres dump it in ..." by now you would think they know McKee wears 74, he has been there for 10 YEARS!

Although I did think it was funny, if you watch the video highlights to game 1 on Yahoo they have the CBC audio and when Grier and Connolly (both americans) score, the announcer does not mention their names ... not even once ... but they go on and on about Roy setting up the play ... coincidence?

The thing that kills me about the CBC guys is not that they are slightly biased to the Sens, that is to be expected ... it's that the guys calling the game seem to not know, in MAY, who is who on the Sabres ... it's always "here comes Buffalo out of their end ... the Sabres dump it in ..." by now you would think they know McKee wears 74, he has been there for 10 YEARS!

Although I did think it was funny, if you watch the video highlights to game 1 on Yahoo they have the CBC audio and when Grier and Connolly (both americans) score, the announcer does not mention their names ... not even once ... but they go on and on about Roy setting up the play ... coincidence?

Back from the honeymoon already? D*mn, that was short.

I haven't heard the CBC highlights yet, but I do recall seeing several threads over on Sens boards complaining about Bob Cole not knowing any of the Sens names! (I'd have to believe that Harry Neale knows the Sabres names as he lives in the Buffalo area.)

Maybe now that TO has been golfing for about 3 weeks the announcers have had enough time to learn the Otters' names. Let's hope the Sabres give those guys enough time that they HAVE to learn their names, too! Another 5-1/2 weeks should do the trick nicely! ;)

Archived