Hecht was a difference maker tonight

LabattBlue

I also think you gotta give credit to Taylor Pyatt. He played a good game too. He was skating very well.

Pyatt was great for us providing a physical presence and strong on the puck. Hecht was amazing though, he skated hard, was strong with the puck, scored a goal and was solid defensively. Hard to find another Sabres who is a better all-around player

Pyatt was great tonight. I've also loved Gaustad's play this postseason...and his strong physical presence continued tonight, even though his ice time was limited due to injury.

I had forgotten how valuable Hecht is to this team. Not only did he score the game winner on a pretty break, but he made 7-8 plays in the defensive zone that were great.

At least 4 times, just when the Sabres were beginning to scramble a bit, and the puck was on the halfwall, Hecht would make a small play on the puck that would catch the Sens off gaurd, cross them up, and allow Jochen to clear the zone, or make a pass to a teamate who could clear the zone. It's those little plays like Hecht was making tonight that enable a team to win a tight 2-1 game.

By the end of the game, I had been reminded just how good this guy is.

Hecht was the man tonight.

Gaustad should get the Purple Heart, he's taken a beating and gone back for more.

And I'd also like to say the Kotalik has turned something on. Especially with his physical play.

Gaustad should get the Purple Heart, he's taken a beating and gone back for more.

And I'd also like to say the Kotalik has turned something on. Especially with his physical play.

Don't forget Taylor Pyatt. He was a man. That gives me an idea. :huh:

I heart Jochen. :blush:

Archived