Ottawa's Swan Divers

PTS

Holy moly. I just re-watched the game. Ottawa players drop like flies trying to draw penalties. I'm not talking about one or two guys, I'm talking Chara, Spezza, Smolinski, Alfredsson, etc, etc. That was a good non-call at the end of the second when the fans wanted a call on Kalinin. The Ottawa player simply missed his opportunity to score and then fell to the ice to try to draw a penalty. The penalty on Pomminstein that gave Ottawa a 5-on-3 was crap as well. He barely touched Smolinski who made it seem like he was lasso'd around his waist. And then the big freak Chara drops like an Umberger when Max steps into him.

As Arty Wander would say... Pooweey on Ottawa.

Holy moly. I just re-watched the game. Ottawa players drop like flies trying to draw penalties. I'm not talking about one or two guys, I'm talking Chara, Spezza, Smolinski, Alfredsson, etc, etc. That was a good non-call at the end of the second when the fans wanted a call on Kalinin. The Ottawa player simply missed his opportunity to score and then fell to the ice to try to draw a penalty. The penalty on Pomminstein that gave Ottawa a 5-on-3 was crap as well. He barely touched Smolinski who made it seem like he was lasso'd around his waist. And then the big freak Chara drops like an Umberger when Max steps into him.

Smolinski is the new face of my hatred. :angry: :rolleyes: :lol:

Sabres were lucky to not get called on the hit with less than a minute in the 3rd on Alfredsson I think.

That play you speak of is a topic of major discussion in Ottawa, but not for the reason you mentioned. Ottawa fans are steamed at Alfie for not putting the puck into the empty net and then flopping to try to draw a penalty.

Sabres were lucky to not get called on the hit with less than a minute in the 3rd on Alfredsson I think.

Alfie is a world class diver (we're talking Loughenis quality). HE is lucky to have not gotten a diving call.

If you really wanna talk divers, i'm more than happy to do so with Buffalo fans.

Buffalo does have it's share of divers (Roy, Afinogenov, Briere, Vanek) as does Ottawa. I wouldn't say either team out dives the other. We all know that our teams have benefitted from the rules as much as anyone and that includes inducing PP's with some embelishment.

Archived