Where were the fans?

deluca67

The crowd was really sad last night. The place looked barely half full. They missed a good game. Too many PP's for my taste but still a good game.

;)

I hope the Mikka rumors are true. 1) I think the kid deserves a shot in the NHL. 2) The Sabres need desperate help on the blue line. Lydman is not very good and they need an anchor on the PP. Connolly can't cut it. :)

The crowd was really sad last night. The place looked barely half full. They missed a good game. Too many PP's for my taste but still a good game.

;)

I hope the Mikka rumors are true. 1) I think the kid deserves a shot in the NHL. 2) The Sabres need desperate help on the blue line. Lydman is not very good and they need an anchor on the PP. Connolly can't cut it. :)

I didn't get to see most of the game. Was Lydman as shaky as he was in the opener?

I was there last night...it looked 75% full...I live in NYC and happened to be up in WNY to visit my family...so I took my mom down for her first live game since 1987...i thought for sure the game would be a big draw...first Friday night game agains the Bruins etc.

WHERE ARE THE FANS? YOU NEED TO SEE THIS TEAM IN PERSON! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM IF YOU LIVE HERE. THIS IS A GOOD TEAM!

For God's sakes Caronlina (of all teams) drew 18k last night to see Sidney and Mario...forget them...come see Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller....you will get your money's worth.

I was there last night...it looked 75% full...I live in NYC and happened to be up in WNY to visit my family...so I took my mom down for her first live game since 1987...i thought for sure the game would be a big draw...first Friday night game agains the Bruins etc.

WHERE ARE THE FANS? YOU NEED TO SEE THIS TEAM IN PERSON! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM IF YOU LIVE HERE. THIS IS A GOOD TEAM!

For God's sakes Caronlina (of all teams) drew 18k last night to see Sidney and Mario...forget them...come see Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller....you will get your money's worth.

75% might be a bit generous. We all could have been sitting in lounge chairs and still had enough room.

I'm starting to think Sabre fans rather talk hockey then actually pay and watch.

Lydman? For a while he seemed to be teamed with Cambell. If Ruff does it again he should be shot. Lydman is not very good. He made a number of bad decisions. If the BRuins had a ralley you could be pretty sure Lydman or Connolly where the start of it. Both had turn over after turn over.

And by the way. Do the Sabres have the worst ice in the NHL? At times it looked like they were playing with a tennis ball.

There was a great deal of pessimism leading up to the season. I suppose you already knew that though. ;)

Buffalo, for the most part, doesn't want to pay to see an inferior product. Most of the people in the media thought they were and awful team. Are they? Not in my estimation after the first three days of the season. But it's only been two games, and people don't suddenly go buy tickets.

The other reason is that the level of play in October has been underwhelming historically. It's been a few years, now, but I ~$100 for my wife and I to go to an October game at the Fleet, where the goalies were Marty and John Grahme, with Hasek and Defoe sitting. Both teams were in slow motion all night. Later that year, I was in Owen Sound and saw the Attack and the Plymouth Whalers. it cost me $40 Candadian, and that may have been the best hockey game I've ever seen. I promised myself never to go to a game before New Years after that.

If their continues to play like this though, I may have to change my mind...

;)

i'm no big fan of connolly, but the new rules seem to at least make him a THREAT to produce...he did lead the team in shots vs. the isles, after all. i'm not disatisfied with what he's shown so far.

We need to give it a few more games before we start with the reactionary calls for trades and such ... we have no idea how the new rules are going to help some guys, and even the ones that look good now could slow down as other teams adjust. I have no love for Connolly, but no reason not to give him a chance to play a few more games before I call for his head either ...

Of course they need to move a goalie, preferably Noronen since he can't be happy the way he has been treated. But don't expect them to get much ... every GM in the leauge knows they need to move him, why would they give up much?

Guest a guest

The Sabres didn't make it easy on fans when it came to purchasing tix, either. The day season tix went on sale, I called to purchase a pair of 100 Level IV season tickets. Not available, I was told. But several weeks later, at the open practices, many 100 Level IV seats were "tagged" for sale. Of course, by then I had spent the money. But the Sabres could have had my cash, and I could have had two seats to each game. Now I'll just buy tix when I feel like going.

Regardless, it is going to take time ... if the team keeps playing exciting like it is and is in the playoff race, the fans will be back. the ticket prices are lower than before and and the team is comptitive. They do not owe us anything more than that. If the they drop out of the race, no one will go to the games regardless of the prices.

The lockout sucked, but it HELPED this franchise, let's not pretend it didn't and they owe us free tickets and a stanley cup in the first year back or something.

Of course, I'd take the stanley cup.

Archived