Ready To Laugh Your Ass Off

PTS

Brilliant! The singer has nailed Sandler almost as well as Joaquin Phoenix nailed Johnny Cash.

I loved "Adam's Mair" winning the Sabres Derby too.

The Chara guy, though -- that's just retarded. :)

Oh my God, why can't life be like this all the time? I just read Brian Campbell's quote about his playoff beard being so bad that his cat is going to lick it off.

It's just round 2, but we're in hockey heaven here.

I hate to break it to you folks but that song is a regurgitated version of one that Leaf Nation produced about 4 years ago :P Although it was well done then.

That radio station of yours is lame to say the least. The only good thing they did was the ad in the Flyers paper but it's going to take a hell of a lot more to rattle Sens fans than stupid grunt noises and recycled tunes. :)

Brilliant! The singer has nailed Sandler almost as well as Joaquin Phoenix nailed Johnny Cash.

I loved "Adam's Mair" winning the Sabres Derby too.

The Chara guy, though -- that's just retarded. :)

Oh my God, why can't life be like this all the time? I just read Brian Campbell's quote about his playoff beard being so bad that his cat is going to lick it off.

It's just round 2, but we're in hockey heaven here.

Well, let's face it - it's been a very good season so far, why shouldn't we be happy? Even if The Sens eliminate us, who can honestly come out and say the team didn't surprise the heck out of them?

My season was made when we reached the playoffs.

However, once I found out we were to face The Cryers in the opening round, I realised that getting knocked out by that bunch of cavemen and their moronic fans, would completely ruin an otherwise excellent season for me. Now that The Cryers are golfing and their fans are doing what they do best (cry), I can truly enjoy the remainder of the season.

Hats off to an excellent effort from The Sabres so far, now let's go get Ottawa!

I hate to break it to you folks but that song is a regurgitated version of one that Leaf Nation produced about 4 years ago :P Although it was well done then.

That radio station of yours is lame to say the least. The only good thing they did was the ad in the Flyers paper but it's going to take a hell of a lot more to rattle Sens fans than stupid grunt noises and recycled tunes. :)

Dagwood, thanks for ruining all our fun, haha.

I had no idea that Leaf nation produced a similar song 4 years ago, and have to admit that it's a tad less cool now...but I still think it's hilarious.

One of the problems with being a shrinking city is we only have 1 newspaper and 1 radio station that covers sports. Options for Sabres coverage is limited entirely to WGR. For the most part they do a nice job, though the merits of certain hosts have been debated before on this board.

The Chara grunts are funny the 1st time you hear them, and then get pretty old. I think it should be noted that most of this stuff is produced to fill air time for Buffalo fans...I don't think anyone in their right mind feels that these goofy clips will "rattle" Sens fans.

That being said...I'm sure some Ottawa stations are producing some similar stuff, right? If they are, link to them so we can check them out! It's part of the fun of playoff hockey in my opinion

Sorry Topshelf...I didn't want to ruin your fun for you.

Thanks for putting things in perspective -- I was wondering why their antics were kinda lame and the fact there is only one station sort of explains it.

I don't think we have anything on Buffalo yet --- What's to hate about your great team?

Here are some samples of the great battle of Ontario you may have read about which our Radio station has produced in the past. We had some great stuff on the Flyers as well but I can't find the links.

http://www.team1200.com/audio/songs/all_leafs_stinkX.mp3

http://www.team1200.com/audio/songs/outcast_leafs_suckX.mp3

yeah, but we've been making fun of Hasek on the radio since creases were violable. Thats the nature of my moniker, incidentally. After Hasek ditched Buffalo we had a series of radio spots where a Dominik Hasek impersonator would do karaoke in his mumbling, broken english. It was pretty damned funny, too, for an essentially xenophobic laugh. I guess it was the only way we could get back at him at that point.

I think your refering to 103.3 the Edges morning show with Shred and Reagan. They put a personal add in the Philadelphia newspaper and got flyers fans to call in, all they could get was some 40 year old drunk grandmother who they talked to reqularly and a bunch of flyers fans that called sabres fans gay, and took shots at Nrowood missing the field goal (over 15 years ago)

They were tryin to think of a way to do that to Ottawa, but the papers would not let them place the ad against the senators (or something like that, I didn't listen to all that they were talking about)

I have a thing for Ottawa fans, How come there are still tickets left to tonights game, and yet Buffalo, sold all 3 of their home games out in a couple hours????

yeah, but we've been making fun of Hasek on the radio since creases were violable. Thats the nature of my moniker, incidentally. After Hasek ditched Buffalo we had a series of radio spots where a Dominik Hasek impersonator would do karaoke in his mumbling, broken english. It was pretty damned funny, too, for an essentially xenophobic laugh. I guess it was the only way we could get back at him at that point.

My personal favorite was when Shredd and Raegan had the Hasek impersonator on when it was rumored Hasek was going to the Blues. Any question they asked was answered with something about "Sta Louis."

A couple of the one's I remember was just him randomly saying "Did you know Missouri is the show me state?" And when asked about Biron, he said something along the lines of "Marty is a great kid, but there's no chance he go to Sta Louis." :lol:

I have a thing for Ottawa fans, How come there are still tickets left to tonights game, and yet Buffalo, sold all 3 of their home games out in a couple hours????

Less than 200 for tonight, less than 500 each for games 2 and 5. We have a huge walkup crowd here so those will be gone by the time the puck drops. I also checked the website for tickets and the only ones coming back as available were for the Penalty Box Restaurant on the 400 level.

So consider the SBP as sold out!!!

As for pulling pranks on other cities. I think it was two season's ago, the Radio station here in Ottawa chartered a plane to pull a banner behind it that read "Leafs Suck".

The plane buzzed the CN tower and circled downtown TO for most of the day.

You think Flyer fans got upset at the Ad.....LOL All of Leaf Nation was pissed at that one :D

Archived