A plea to WGR!

PASabreFan

WGR is a good five seconds ahead of the TV. Can they be made to match up so we can continue to enjoy Jeanneret and tune out the network dweebs? I would think this would be a boon for WGR's ratings!

For Bills games, they always used to say turn off the sound on the TV and turn up Van Miller on the radio... but the radio and TV didn't match up.

PTS... can you put that in someone's ear?

That's a good idea. I would prefer to listen to my local team's announcers over the national guys. It seems like a no-brainer to grab the tens of thousands of local Sabres fans and have them listen to the radio. It's gotta make their advertisers happy.

It wasn't synched perfectly for me. I wonder if it's worse for satellite viewers. When I used to have cable, for Bills games, the radio was just a bit ahead of the TV, but enough to make it impossible to listen to. With satellite, the Sabres on the radio are way ahead of the TV.

The problem there is you have satelitte. WGR syncs with Cable since the majority of people still line the pockets of Adelphia for reasons unknown to common sense.

I have Dish at home and it's about 8 seconds behind cable.

Has nothing to do with WGR. Your cable provider, physical location, the network carrying the game, satellite positions, all come into play with the TV feed. I live in NC and typically my Sabres TV feed is about 3-5 seconds behind those that live in Buffalo. It's not like the signal goes right from the cameraman into your TV :lol:

Has nothing to do with WGR. Your cable provider, physical location, the network carrying the game, satellite positions, all come into play with the TV feed. I live in NC and typically my Sabres TV feed is about 3-5 seconds behind those that live in Buffalo. It's not like the signal goes right from the cameraman into your TV :lol:

Sweet...Sounds like the time for some advanced physics, baby!

Quite right. Although the speed of electrons is very fast they do have a finite speed. the most direct path is to transmission is probably WGR and it sounds like they adjust the transmission with the cable feed to synchronize them if that's indeed what they do. For the rest of us, who listen over the internet or satellite, the signal probably bounces up and down and up and down and through and around til it finally reaches your selected outlet and that's where the time lag comes in. So, I guess technically, live is not really live unless you're right there.

Quite right. Although the speed of electrons is very fast they do have a finite speed. the most direct path is to transmission is probably WGR and it sounds like they adjust the transmission with the cable feed to synchronize them if that's indeed what they do. For the rest of us, who listen over the internet or satellite, the signal probably bounces up and down and up and down and through and around til it finally reaches your selected outlet and that's where the time lag comes in. So, I guess technically, live is not really live unless you're right there.

And even then, it still takes time for the light to get to your eyes and for you brain to process the image(s).

We all live in the past!

Archived