Turnover Stats

eliwhitneyradio

nhl.com, click on the Sabres-Flyers link, or the stats link right on the home page and your head will be spinning in no time. They even have a text play by play of the games. How human beings can record every play, right down to the time on the clock, is beyond me. I haven't figured out how they manage to track ice time.

nhl.com, click on the Sabres-Flyers link, or the stats link right on the home page and your head will be spinning in no time. They even have a text play by play of the games. How human beings can record every play, right down to the time on the clock, is beyond me. I haven't figured out how they manage to track ice time.

The way they do it is they have what is basically an excel spreadsheet sync'd to the game clock and icons to allow the person (or people) tracking individual stats to mark when shots occur, blocked shots, etc. and players entering and leaving the ice surface. This is essentially how the Sabres log individual game events for the players to have their "game review" DVD. I assume that is how the league tracks its stats.

I've often wondered this myself. Is it multiple people who keep track? I can't see how one person can watch who is coming on or off the ice, recording blocked shots, shots on goal,hits, takeaways, giveaways etc...

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Archived