This Day in Sabres History :: April 29

April 29, 1975

The Sabres beat the Canadiens 4-2 at the Aud to take a two games to none lead in the semifinal round. Roger Crozier gets the start in goal over Gerry Desjardins, and Craig Ramsay gets the winning goal.

April 29, 1980

The Islanders stun the Sabres 4-1 in Game 1 of the semifinals at the Aud. The Sabres have an early goal by Rick Dudley, then go on a five-minute power play, but Bob Bourne scores a shorthanded goal to tie the game and give the series a huge turning point -- sound familiar? John Tonelli adds two more, and Mike Bossy, one.

April 29, 1992

At the Aud, the Sabres stave off elimination in the Adams Division semifinal in a big way, routing the Bruins 9-3 to force a deciding Game 7 in Boston.

April 29, 1994

Back to where Jimmy Hoffa is, the Devils bury the Sabres with a 2-1 win in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

April 29, 1997

At the Marena, Derek Plante scores in overtime of the seventh game to eliminate the Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. Plante also scores the tying goal off a faceoff in the third period.

April 29, 1997

At the Marena, Derek Plante scores in overtime of the seventh game to eliminate the Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals. Plante also scores the tying goal off a faceoff in the third period.

Wasn't that the 'Legion of Doom are you ready' call by RJ?

I saw a video of that somewhere

April 29, 1975

The Sabres beat the Canadiens 4-2 at the Aud to take a two games to none lead in the semifinal round. Roger Crozier gets the start in goal over Gerry Desjardins, and Craig Ramsay gets the winning goal.

April 29, 1980

The Islanders stun the Sabres 4-1 in Game 1 of the semifinals at the Aud. The Sabres have an early goal by Rick Dudley, then go on a five-minute power play, but Bob Bourne scores a shorthanded goal to tie the game and give the series a huge turning point -- sound familiar? John Tonelli adds two more, and Mike Bossy, one.

April 29, 1992

At the Aud, the Sabres stave off elimination in the Adams Division semifinal in a big way, routing the Bruins 9-3 to force a deciding Game 7 in Boston.

April 29, 1994

Back to where Jimmy Hoffa is, the Devils bury the Sabres with a 2-1 win in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

April 29, 1997

Wow!!! What a day! I remember all those games except the first one. I thought John Van Boxmeer scored that goal against the Islanders, but you know what they say about memory :P

Wow!!! What a day! I remember all those games except the first one. I thought John Van Boxmeer scored that goal against the Islanders, but you know what they say about memory :P

I suspect PA will have a Boxy call in a couple of days - likely a big goal against the Isles in the playoffs.

What's that?

Boxy did score a huge goal in the series. Stay tuned.

Oops - my bad. I should read before replying.