Sabres letdown nothing new

PromoTheRobot

Max's sloppy play with the puck...the inability to clear the zone...trying to get fancy instead of just shooting the puck. I took a lot of heat for pointing these issues out, even while we were on a winning streak. (I got labeled a killjoy!) But oh looky now!

Lindy, I tink it's time for a boot camp practice before game 5.

PTR

Max's sloppy play with the puck...the inability to clear the zone...trying to get fancy instead of just shooting the puck. I took a lot of heat for pointing these issues out, even while we were on a winning streak. (I got labeled a killjoy!) But oh looky now!

Lindy, I tink it's time for a boot camp practice before game 5.

PTR

When Filly wins a game in the Mmarena, then I will panic with the best of them. Until then, I chalk this up to a young team's growing pains.

everybody knows these are weaknesses. the detroit #%^$#!ing red wings, the ottawa senators, the calgray flames and everybody in both conferences has weaknesses. the question is can we overcome them. its best of three now, thats all these last two games mean. we can win and so can they, and for my money, we're still the better team. we need a shot of confidence, yes, and our goaltending to play better. we need to play a little smarter. but we competed in both these games. and we will take this series.

remember the days just before the playoffs? posts littered here like dog $hit in paris talking about how we were going to the finals, that this was our year. well i still think it is. best of three. and we ARE the better team. lets give it to them in buffalo.

j

We are the better team?

Isn't that the point of playing a best of seven series, to find out who the better team is?

These teams are even. Very different teams, but even. By the end of Game 4, actually, the Sabres looked slow and dumb, a complete role reversal.

We have a tiger, and one of the best players in the world, by the tail now. It's time to respect the Flyers and stop all this "we are the better team" rhetoric.

We're going to find out if it's true.

We are the better team?

Isn't that the point of playing a best of seven series, to find out who the better team is?

These teams are even. Very different teams, but even. By the end of Game 4, actually, the Sabres looked slow and dumb, a complete role reversal.

We have a tiger, and one of the best players in the world, by the tail now. It's time to respect the Flyers and stop all this "we are the better team" rhetoric.

We're going to find out if it's true.

Heck yes.

When the Sabres lose a game at home, then I will question my belief. Until then, the Phlyers have to prove that they CAN win one in Buffalo when all the chips are in. I don't think the Phlyers won game 3, as much as the breaks went their way. The Filly boys definitely won tonight. They have momentum, but they haven't won in the Mmarena. Until they do, I say, the Sabres are the better team.

Crushbo, tell me you have ticks for Sunday. I don't want to have to hurt you. ;)

Archived