Report from the game

GrimFandango

End of 1, it was dead silent when kotalik scored... There isn't even 50 sabres fans here. Dave and I have only seen about 10 so far huddled around the sabres bench during warm ups... Cryers fans have been shouting how they hate the new nhl and they don't seem to admit when there is a good call... We are smack in the middle of a section, surrounded on all sides by flyers fans... Hasn't had any incidents outside of profanity... If the game keeps going this way, the sabres will pull it off... The rooks seem nervous but the end of the period showed their legs a bit... 40 mins to go...

'Brian

dude..AWESOME! verrrrrry cool of you to report from the scene.

i dunno....i think we just took the flyers best punch. one cheapy on esche and it'll be "katie bar the door!"

seriously, i think we wear them out and win by 4-2

Almost forgot, they did show the campbell hit during the pregame promo... It was to emphasize his toughness.... Campbell also has been getting booed whenever he is on the ice... The showed the hit on vanek as well... Unfortunately the cryers came out to hurricane 2000.. at least it got me pumped up

i can hear the boos on tv every time campbell touches the puck....like he is some kind of assassin or something...i bet he's laughing his ass off between shifts wondering how the hell he ever mattered enough to get booed like that!

i dont understand how the cess pool that is philidelphia bred an entire fu*king ciy of degenrates. I have never witnessed a stadium boo an injured player untill tonight. I am thouroughly embarrassed for their entire city. There reaction to Dumont's injury is a thousand fold more embarassing than the 8-2 score of monday's game.

I will now quote the correct quote from anchor man:

Fu*k you Philidalphia

Oh, and did anyone here the P.A. announcer say something like to remember to applaude for a hurt player when they get up. They know that their own fans are classless.

I didn't hear anything like that.

God, traffic sucked getting out. Phillies game ended about 15 minutes after Flyers.

JayG- I'm glad you heard that too... I thought I did, but was almost too astonished to believe it.

I think the PA announcer said "Fans, there is an injured player down on the ice, please be curteous and applaud when he leaves" or something to that effect. It was right before Jeanarette and Lorentz commented that the only way Philly fans would salute an injured opponent would be if they carted him off in a herse.

Archived