Noronen - Odd man out

slugspirit

Link

"I'm cheap for these guys, and I'm cheap for the new team, too," Noronen said. "I don't know what's going to happen or when, but hopefully something's going to happen and it happens before the season starts."

The link goes to thefourthperiod.com and refers to a Buffalo News article that rumored Noronen is the goalie on the move. From the way his quote sounds, there seems to be a good chance this will happen.

Personally, I think this is the right way to go. Miller is ready to start, and Biron is a veteran that will be there to step in if he hits any bumps. I've always liked Marty, but everyone knew this was going to be Miller's team eventually. Mika has never stood out to me and looked very poor this preseason. If you want to argue that he had only one start and wasn't given a fair chance, I think the stats speak for themselves. He just hasn't done well, and from reports at training camp, I've heard he seemed like he didn't want to be in Buffalo, and he put forth a lack of effort that showed that.

Link

The link goes to thefourthperiod.com and refers to a Buffalo News article that rumored Noronen is the goalie on the move. From the way his quote sounds, there seems to be a good chance this will happen.

Personally, I think this is the right way to go. Miller is ready to start, and Biron is a veteran that will be there to step in if he hits any bumps. I've always liked Marty, but everyone knew this was going to be Miller's team eventually. Mika has never stood out to me and looked very poor this preseason. If you want to argue that he had only one start and wasn't given a fair chance, I think the stats speak for themselves. He just hasn't done well, and from reports at training camp, I've heard he seemed like he didn't want to be in Buffalo, and he put forth a lack of effort that showed that.

Who want's to be at a job where you don't have a chance? Mikka has been out since he stood up and talked back to Ruff/Regier two seasons ago. He will go and be a very good goalie for another team and the Sabres will have nothing to show for except some more more they can now use to throw at Connolly and Pyatt. <_<

Buffalo News Article

Here is the actual article used in reference previously.

Who want's to be at a job where you don't have a chance? Mikka has been out since he stood up and talked back to Ruff/Regier two seasons ago. He will go and be a very good goalie for another team and the Sabres will have nothing to show for except some more more they can now use to throw at Connolly and Pyatt. dry.gif

I agree that Mika still has his best days ahead of him. Only the Sabres could find a way to screw up the career of a two-time minor league player of the year. It just seems that with the current squad we have, this is the right move. Hopefully (not likely), we can pick up some additional help for the offense.

Buffalo News Article

Here is the actual article used in reference previously.

I agree that Mika still has his best days ahead of him. Only the Sabres could find a way to screw up the career of a two-time minor league player of the year. It just seems that with the current squad we have, this is the right move. Hopefully (not likely), we can pick up some additional help for the offense.

I disagree. Marty has had his chance for the last three years. If Miller goes in the tank, what do the Sabres need Marty for? They know what he is capable of...and that is leading them out of the playoffs. At least with Mika, there is a chance he could play well and take the Sabres somewhere.

I disagree. Marty has had his chance for the last three years. If Miller goes in the tank, what do the Sabres need Marty for? They know what he is capable of...and that is leading them out of the playoffs. At least with Mika, there is a chance he could play well and take the Sabres somewhere.

In '03-'04, Mika started 30 games while Biron started 49. I believe 30 starts is at least enough to fairly evaluate a goalie. Marty, IMO, stepped up during the final push for the playoffs going 16-8-1 over his last 26 starts. If it weren't for that stretch my opinion would be considerably different. But I think if he is able to play similar to how he played at the end of that season, the Sabres will be fine with him in net. Mika wasn't bad, I just feel he had a chance to take the starting job, and he didn't get it done.

Noronen (30 starts, 11-17-2; .906 SV; 2.57 GAA)

Biron (49 starts, 26-18-5; .913; 2.52 GAA)

The stats clearly favor Biron, especially in the department that matters most. I understand why some may want Mika around. He could be a great goalie somewhere. I just think his time's run out here, and it sounds like he agrees with that.

trade marty....mika is better and marty holds more value on the market. I know CAR needs a goalie badly and Marty would be a great fit...maybe somthing could be worked out for Justin Williams....?

Keep Mika he as too much upside and potential

trade marty....mika is better and marty holds more value on the market. I know CAR needs a goalie badly and Marty would be a great fit...maybe somthing could be worked out for Justin Williams....?

Keep Mika he as too much upside and potential

Pyatt and Connolly have upside and potential too, but I don't see anyone saying the same thing about them.

Archived