Unheralded plays

PASabreFan

Tallinder used the shaft of his stick to stop Forsberg from scoring a shocking goal off the opening faceoff of the game. McKee used his body to block a shot and prevent a sure goal after Miller got in trouble behind the net. Drury just used his face. Hockey players are just unbelievable.

Anyone have some other little plays that could be easily forgotten?

Tallinder used the shaft of his stick to stop Forsberg from scoring a shocking goal off the opening faceoff of the game. McKee used his body to block a shot and prevent a sure goal after Miller got in trouble behind the net. Drury just used his face. Hockey players are just unbelievable.

Anyone have some other little plays that could be easily forgotten?

There was a save when Miller clearly stopped the puck with his manhood.

For all the talk of Esche, Miller played great.

Miller catching and throwing the puck to the boards with ATTITUDE.

Grier's early hit on Forsberg.

Roy working his butt off to help contain Forsberg. Completely outclassed, but great effort.

On the flip side, Roy lifting his leg to NOT get hit by a shot from the point.

Kotalik learning how to hit. He got hammered early in the game, then spent the rest of it hitting back.

Miller catching and throwing the puck to the boards with ATTITUDE.

That was one of my favorite moments from Game 1. I call it Ryan's "bitch, get away from me" moment.

You probably had to be watching on TV to notice it, but late in the game, perhaps overtime, Jochen Hecht, I think, was crossing the Philly blue line when the defenseman tried to goad him into challenging him with the puck. He gestured as if to say, "come on." You could even hear him say something -- "come on," I think. Pretty cool stuff.

McKee used his body to block a shot and prevent a sure goal after Miller got in trouble behind the net. Drury just used his face.

Can someone get the guy some goalie pads or something. I think we know who the sabres can count on in net if Miller and Biron were to both go down.

I can also remember when Grier was in the Sabres zone without his stick and he was standing infront of the net and started diving across the ice to try and block a shot.

Archived