Goal differential: what’s your plan?

SDS

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Sorry for the confusion the original post created.  

Was merely indending to apologize for what has become a broken record to a degree in that it's another post saying to keep the "core" 5 guys most likely to be gone & add Danault & another another good goalie.  (Though what was originally intended for the preamble didn't end up close to what actually ended up written.  Oooops.)

I neither have the time nor the energy to do this, but I’m guessing if you look at most good teams, they get similar production across various areas of their team. (understanding you have really high scoring teams on one end and really low scoring teams on the other)

2 hours ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

According to Vogl's piece yesterday, the Sabres averaged 0.9 more ppg after they got adjusted to Granato's "system".  That's +70 goals there. Maybe a little too optimistic, but let's say 50 goals to be a conservative.  Better goal tending should get you another 75 and you're there.

Welcome back to the board.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

I neither have the time nor the energy to do this, but I’m guessing if you look at most good teams, they get similar production across various areas of their team. (understanding you have really high scoring teams on one end and really low scoring teams on the other)

Which, again bringing up a oft repeated lament, reminds how it was so tragic that the criminals wouldn't pay Peca for the '01 season nor let Regier pull the trigger on the Iginla deal.  Because they'd actually brought in some offensive talent to go with Hasek's stiffling D, that would certainly have put them over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.