Question about NHL stats

SJSabres Fan

So I follow my sports on an app called the score. As I’m checking out the box scores of playoff games it appears as if they are adding the playoff stats to the regular season stats.  (I.e. Hall now has 11 goals 🤮 I thought you start back at zero for the playoffs?  
(let me know if this is too early in the off-season for this kind of frivolous complaining)

17 minutes ago, SJSabres Fan said:

I’m willing to accept this as a possible answer, but I am going to look for some consensus first

This is the truth. Try a different app. It’s been this way forever and no other app adds them to the regular season. The NHL stats page started everyone at zero. You really don’t need a consensus here, just research.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SJSabres Fan said:

I’m willing to accept this as a possible answer, but I am going to look for some consensus first

Regular season & the final 4 rounds of the post-season are ALWAYS treated separately when compiling player stats.

No idea what the league finally decided last season for the "preliminary" round garbage - whether those counted as playoffs or "other."  Either way the Sabres were a single day away from clinching a spot in the psuedo-playoffs, but with them out didn't really care about the nuts & bolts of how they worked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.