Risers and Fallers of the 2020 draft

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Aaaaaand....... It it appears he hasn't looked all that good so far this season.  Howinthehell do you project him on the big squad next year when he hasn't really shown anything indicating that he even belongs in the AHL this year?  Madness, GA.  Weird, recklessly confident madness.

I think has shown that, no?  Just hasn’t been an AHL standout like we would hope.

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think has shown that, no?  Just hasn’t been an AHL standout like we would hope.

I don't know.  There were some posts in another thread (maybe today?), the Amerks gameday thread maybe, indicating he's struggling.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Aaaaaand....... It it appears he hasn't looked all that good so far this season.  Howinthehell do you project him on the big squad next year when he hasn't really shown anything indicating that he even belongs in the AHL this year?  Madness, GA.  Weird, recklessly confident madness.

Here is a paragraph “I thought he was better than people gave him credit for at the world juniors, he then impressed in the Sabres’ training camp and he has been fine in the AHL. So this has more to do with where he was picked and the play of those selected immediately after him than it does him playing poorly in an admittedly small sample size.”

wheeler had him at 15 prior to the draft , so has never been a big fan of him.  Think the article has to be taken with a grain of salt 

16 hours ago, Weave said:

I don't know.  There were some posts in another thread (maybe today?), the Amerks gameday thread maybe, indicating he's struggling.

I haven't watched a ton, but he did not look overmatched in what I saw. I haven't seen any commentary indicating that from our watchers either.

He hasn't produced, but I don't think he's embarassed himself either. He plays a different game, but maybe analogous to Cozens's contribution up here?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.