Satan. A different player?

deluca67

Though the Islanders are out tof the playoffs, mostly due to injury and goaltending, they have to be happy with what they have gotten from Miro Satan.

34 goals 65 points and is 7 of 10 in shootouts with three of the goals coming against Broduer.

Miro also got a rousing endorsement from Islander great Mike Bossy who, according to the Islander broadcast, has spent a lot of time with Miro working on his game and has admired his "work ethic".

I know I'm all by myself on this. But I like Miro as a player and if he put all of whatever was bothering him here behind him then good for Miro. He will probably end up with 400 career goals which is no small feat. ;)

When Miro wants to work he can be a very solid hockey player. He does have the ability to backcheck as is evidenced by his being a good penalty killer.

The problem with Miro is he can't find a way to bring his A game every night. He is extremely streaky and has a reputation for not playing well when the team needs him to step up. He also can be an extremely poor backchecker and oftentimes is reluctant to go to the front of the net (even in the "new NHL").

He has been very good in April, which the Isles reached being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. He's scored 5 goals and 5 assists in 7 games.

Unfortunately (actually, because I don't like the Islanders, from my perspective the correct term here would be FORTUNATELY), in March, when the Isles WEREN'T mathematically eliminated, he was very average and had 3 goals and 6 assists in 16 games.

Miro's gone and I am glad he's gone. I would like to have seen the Sabres get something for him, they didn't, so let's move on. I'm not planning on further contributing to a "bash Miro" / "Miro's not as bad as people think" thread.

actually surprisingly enough he only scored 6 goals against pit and washington, although he did get a lot from florida and atlanta when they were struggling.

16 goals of his were in games they lost. only 2 game winners.

naaaaaaaaaaaa, nothing's changed.

like the guys on the sabres say when someone scores the 5th or 6th goal in a 6-1 win. "I got a couple of Miro goals today". The one's that just pad the stats.

Archived