nhl on nbc

Corp000085

the broadcast sucks... if the sabres make it to the conference finals or stanley cup finals, we're in big trouble. did i say nhl on nbc? i meant to say new york rangers against some other team on nbc.

What do you expect with Davidson handling the commentary? (Emrick was a broadcaster for Philly for 5 seasons, but it's not the same as playing for the team.)

Philly looked really good in that first period.

Just as an FYI, it looks like NBC will show games on Saturdays and Sundays in the 1st 2 rounds but they will only show 1 game in the semi finals. I am assuming OLN will have the entire rest of the semis and know they will have games 1&2 of the Finals.

From a January NBC press release:

NHL ON NBC STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF COVERAGE

NBC Sports will provide coverage of the Conference Quarterfinals on April 22, 23, 29 and 30; the Conference Semifinals, May 6, 7, 13 and 14; the Conference Finals on May 20; and Games 3-7 of the Stanley Cup Final in primetime.

I actually think NBC is making some attemps to enhance hockey broaccasts by putting mics on players and trying to explain things about the games. I think all hockey broadcasts need to be more like the NFL in terms of presentation. But I cannot stand Davidson he is a complete idiot!

This has probably already been discussed but are the Sabres going to be on MSG for the playoffs or what? I don't have OLN nor do I have Center Ice this year so if they arent on MSG I am going to be f'ing livid

I actually think NBC is making some attemps to enhance hockey broaccasts by putting mics on players and trying to explain things about the games. I think all hockey broadcasts need to be more like the NFL in terms of presentation. But I cannot stand Davidson he is a complete idiot!

This has probably already been discussed but are the Sabres going to be on MSG for the playoffs or what? I don't have OLN nor do I have Center Ice this year so if they arent on MSG I am going to be f'ing livid

The pecking order for the 1st 2 rounds is NBC gets what they want (Saturdays and Sundays), then OLN gets to choose. If the Sabres game doesn't end up on either, then it will end up on the Sabres MSG feed.

If you have CI and the NBC game isn't on your local NBC, it will be on CI. If you have MSG and/or CI and the game ends up on OLN, you are SOL unless you get OLN.

Under the old TV contract, local cable outlets stopped showing the games when ESPN and ABC/Fox took over at the Conf Finals. Everything I have seen so far indicates that is the way it will work this season as well. So if you DON'T have OLN, you will see very minimal coverage of the 3rd round and will miss games 1&2 of the finals.

Archived