The young women who sang the National Anthem on Wednesday

LabattBlue

About 3/4 of the way through the US anthem, she yells out something along the lines of "I can't hear you!". WTF...did she think she was at a rock concert? I don't know who she was, but I hope that she is never invited back.

:angry: :angry:

About 3/4 of the way through the US anthem, she yells out something along the lines of "I can't hear you!". WTF...did she think she was at a rock concert? I don't know who she was, but I hope that she is never invited back.

Apparently she did something similar during the Canadian anthem as well. They were talking about it on GR yesterday and basically agreed with you.

Chick was totally missing the point of playing the anthems.

i was at the game...i think she was trying to get the americans to sing louder because the canadian people were singing their anthem so much louder. i knew it wouldn't work because, let's face it, the canadian anthem is much easier and more fun to sing. it's not as cool of a poem but it's more fun to sing. at least i always thought so.

so , not surprisingly, it didn't work and it left her looking sort of stupid.

btw, she did not do it during the canadian anthem.

i was at the game...i think she was trying to get the americans to sing louder because the canadian people were singing their anthem so much louder. i knew it wouldn't work because, let's face it, the canadian anthem is much easier and more fun to sing. it's not as cool of a poem but it's more fun to sing. at least i always thought so.

so , not surprisingly, it didn't work and it left her looking sort of stupid.

btw, she did not do it during the canadian anthem.

The Canadian/en anthem is definitely much EASIER to sing--our (I'm American) anthem has such a large range that few singers can pull it off the right way. But for the singer who can, wow, that's gotta be fun. I don't like it when singers start personalizing it with their own style by changing notes, though. Key wrote it the way he did, and that's the way it should be heard. I've yet to hear the orchestra that second-guesses Beethoven, you know?

I agree, I think that's pretty disrespectful. Although I get annoyed when people talk, or make jokes through the anthems, so I might be oversensitive.

I agree, I think that's pretty disrespectful. Although I get annoyed when people talk, or make jokes through the anthems, so I might be oversensitive.

I wouldn't call that oversensitive at all. Another thing that pisses me off during the anthems are people who don't remove their baseball caps.

I wouldn't call that oversensitive at all. Another thing that pisses me off during the anthems are people who don't remove their baseball caps.

Hear hear. And people who start yelling and screaming before the song is over. Like the Hanson brothers said, "I'M LISTENING TO THE FCUKING SONG!" :angry:

Archived