Bills and Sabres turning about the same profit?

PASabreFan

I guess I'll take some more flak for daring to question the pillar of the community Ralph Wilson, but can you believe he is saying that he's not making much more than the Buffalo Sabres? Through his "money man" Jeff Littman, Ralph is reporting that the Bills last season turned a profit in the "mid single digits," let's say about $4 million to $6 million. The Sabres have already turned a profit of about $1.5 million and could, with a nice run in the playoffs, approach or surpass the low end of the Bills' profit estimate.

This is pretty stunning. It's either great news for a small-market team in the NHL or terrible news for a small-market team in the NFL or... Ralph is lying. But why would he lie? (By the way, he is estimating losses of $5 million to $10 million next season.)

I guess I'll take some more flak for daring to question the pillar of the community Ralph Wilson, but can you believe he is saying that he's not making much more than the Buffalo Sabres? Through his "money man" Jeff Littman, Ralph is reporting that the Bills last season turned a profit in the "mid single digits," let's say about $4 million to $6 million. The Sabres have already turned a profit of about $1.5 million and could, with a nice run in the playoffs, approach or surpass the low end of the Bills' profit estimate.

This is pretty stunning. It's either great news for a small-market team in the NHL or terrible news for a small-market team in the NFL or... Ralph is lying. But why would he lie? (By the way, he is estimating losses of $5 million to $10 million next season.)

OR it means he doesn't include his own salary and / or any salaries his daughters rake in in his calculation.

I remember back in the early '90's he claimed to be making about $5MM/year on the team, but that did not include a combined $8MM he and one of his daughters pulled in.

Then why don't you?

Umm. I am. I'm done buying into their bulls-- at one bills drive. Not making money? Buffalo too "poor"? Fine, see ya. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Its business right? No sense in investing any more money or emotion on a business that, like so many others, will leave/have left Buffalo. I know nothing is official, but all the talk this week doesn't look rosy to me.

Archived