Debating what to do for the playoffs

GrimFandango

However while i work, i am most often in my car... Which means sattelite radio is an option. Does anyone use sirius or xm to listen to the games? can you listen to RJ? is the post game show on there? Is it worth me buying a $50 radio kit for the two months the sabres are in the playoffs?

Thanks for any advice

well i think it would only be for the first two rounds, as i have already decided to buy a big-screen tv if they make it to the conference finals, and then i would take off the nights they play in the conf. finals and the cup.... (i was going to buy the tv over the summer, but since i will be financing it anyway, may as well jump the gun a bit)... but if i am looking at 12-14 games in the first two rounds, where i may miss 9 of them it may be worth it.... the kit and the monthly fee is really the same cost as going out to a sports bar for two of the games to watch.

Tivo! Tivo! Tivo!

This is how I watch almost ALL Sabres' games. Work/family obligations make it basically impossible to be watching TV at 7 PM. Tivo records all of the games automatically and I watch them when I'm ready -- later that night or sometimes even the next morning (e.g. when we beat the senators 2-1 in the shootout I watched the game at 7 AM the next morning).

DirecTV with Center Ice plus Tivo will cost you less than digital cable. It is the greatest invention for sports fans EVER.

Since I'm out on the left coast now, I'm always at work when the games start and usually don't make it home to watch. During the regular season on Sirius, not all of the games are broadcast and it seems the majority of the time it's not RJ. But at least I can listen to the game. I'm not sure about the coverage during the playoffs though. I know that Sirius has one more season to broadcast games. XM then has then next 10 years. So if you do go with satellite radio for hockey go with XM (if NFL is more important then Sirius). You can get the games on XM right now. But I love my satellite radio. Hopefully, if I can afford a new car I will get XM for the new one and keep Sirius in the old one.

Archived