Rochester Affiliation Extended

topshelfcookies

I was glad to see today that Darcy extended the agreement with Rochester for another year.

The link to the article (which I'm sure will be up on the main page soon) is: http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9368902

There had been some talk in Rochester about not renewing the affiliation with Buffalo. This season, the Amerks are involved in a dual affiliation with Buffalo and Florida, and it sounded as if the Amerks did not wish to have another year of a dual affiliation, but that no longer looks to be the case.

A lengthy story on the agreement is available on the Amerks' website: http://www.amerks.com/FeatureStories.aspx?news_id=808

I don't have too many thoughts on this, yet I'm glad to see the affiliation extended. It makes sense from a regional marketing standpoint, especially with Golisano's connections to Rochester.

now how do the sabres get rid of the panther's affiliation? what's the deal with that anyways??

If the Sabres wanted to stock more players, I'm sure they could get Ra-cha-cha to end the Florida affiliation. Since they don't, and Donner's finances seem too tight (I could be wrong about that, but he just seems to be undercapitalized based on many of the teams actions), I expect to see the arrangement going forward as long as Florida wants it to.

Actually, the Amerks may want to scrap the dual affiliation after another season or 2, if having the top talent provided by 2 NHL teams (rather than having 3-4 quality career minor leaguers provided by the Amerks) end up continuing to cost the Amerks playoff berths in the coming seasons.

now how do the sabres get rid of the panther's affiliation? what's the deal with that anyways??

Rochester should just sign with Florida full time. Rochester sucks as an affiliate. Randy sucks as a coach, and the FO is ran by jokers. If Buffalo wants to stay with Rocester they should de a few things like fire the coach, fire the GM Jody Gage, sure he was huge in Rochester as a player but he's a joke. Tommy G would have to give some $$$ to Rochester as well. Rochester owners are poor in terms of owners.

Besides all that, Amerk fans are just dumb (if you're an Amerk fan, sorry). I hate arguing with Amerk fans about the Sabres calling up the best players and thus screwing over the Amerks. Not to mention all those Amerk fans who for some reason are not Sabre fans.

Rochester should just sign with Florida full time. Rochester sucks as an affiliate. Randy sucks as a coach, and the FO is ran by jokers. If Buffalo wants to stay with Rocester they should de a few things like fire the coach, fire the GM Jody Gage, sure he was huge in Rochester as a player but he's a joke. Tommy G would have to give some $$$ to Rochester as well. Rochester owners are poor in terms of owners.

Besides all that, Amerk fans are just dumb (if you're an Amerk fan, sorry). I hate arguing with Amerk fans about the Sabres calling up the best players and thus screwing over the Amerks. Not to mention all those Amerk fans who for some reason are not Sabre fans.

Cunneyworth was selected by the Sabres.

If the Sabres had any other affiliate they would not be able to call guys up on a 2 hour notice. There is a reason you want the farm team 90 minutes down the road.

I am not a huge fan of Donner, but doubt he is the worst in the AHL.

As for Rochester fans whining about call ups to Buffalo, what do you think it would be like if the Sabres had, say, Hershey where most of the fans are probably Flyer fans? At least in Ra-cha-cha, most of the fans (my guess is 60%-70%) are Sabre fans.

Is there anything you DO like???????? :blink:

Cunneyworth helped to develop many of the current Sabres. Why do you think he sucks?

Like who?

Yes.

Like the playground retort goes, "I asked you first," but hell, I'll go. Cunneyworth helped to develop, for example, Vanek, Pominville, Roy, Miller, I needn't go on but I will, Novotny, Paille, Campbell, Gaustad, even Fitz. Now, without digging further into my response to your (later-asked) question, how 'bout you answer mine: exactly how does Cunneyworth "suck"? Maybe we'll find common ground, maybe we won't.

I don't know a whole lot about how the other teams in the AHL are run but it seems that the relationship between two has been beneficial in the past to both. I'm personally glad to see it extended. I hope it keeps going on in the future.

Like the playground retort goes, "I asked you first," but hell, I'll go. Cunneyworth helped to develop, for example, Vanek, Pominville, Roy, Miller, I needn't go on but I will, Novotny, Paille, Campbell, Gaustad, even Fitz. Now, without digging further into my response to your (later-asked) question, how 'bout you answer mine: exactly how does Cunneyworth "suck"? Maybe we'll find common ground, maybe we won't.

That's great, but Ruff supervised almost every practice last year for the Amerks and was at almost every game. Amazingly the Amerks never develop anyone in the past few years, then due to the strike Ruff spends a year in Rochester and a bunch of Amerks make it in Buffalo and were an amazing team.

That's great, but Ruff supervised almost every practice last year for the Amerks and was at almost every game. Amazingly the Amerks never develop anyone in the past few years, then due to the strike Ruff spends a year in Rochester and a bunch of Amerks make it in Buffalo and were an amazing team.

So Afinogenov, Kotalik, Biron, Kalinin, Campbell, Fitzpatrick, Tallinder, nor Roy got anything out of Rochester prior to last season? All those guys have been solid contributors either this year or in past years and spent significant time in Rochester prior to last season.

And still no basis for your assertion that Cunneyworth sucks.

Archived