First round of the playoffs...

letsgobuffalo45

Anyone know what the dates and times will be for the first round games?

Not even Bettman knows that info yet. It will all be determined after the matchups are determined.

The odds are good currently that the Sabres 1st 2 games will be at home on Friday the 21st and Sunday the 23rd.

Um, why did no one mention this...

Fall Out Boy

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:30 PM HSBC ARENA

Thurs or Sat look like it will be Game 1 (if they get home ice).

I don't think the playoffs start until Friday. I think I remember hearing that during playoff time the Sabres can bump other events at the arena. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Um, why did no one mention this...

Fall Out Boy

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:30 PM HSBC ARENA

Thurs or Sat look like it will be Game 1 (if they get home ice).

The playoffs officially begin on the 21st. A game will NOT be played on Thursday the 20th.

Don't know whether they would / could bump the concert. (Don't really give a rat's butt either.)

The playoffs officially begin on the 21st. A game will NOT be played on Thursday the 20th.

Don't know whether they would / could bump the concert. (Don't really give a rat's butt either.)

I remember back when I was graduating from Canisius we were trying to figure out where to have our graduation. HSBC came up as an option, but they told us if the Sabres were in the playoffs we would get bumped.

i do not think they can bump a concert due to contractual obligations. Look for saturday the 22nd to be the beginning for the sabres. The NHL does stagger the playoff matchups, so you have 2 eastern conference series on a friday/sunday/wednesday/friday/sunday/etc. schedule and two on a saturday/monday/thursday/saturday/etc. schedule.

I remember back when I was graduating from Canisius we were trying to figure out where to have our graduation. HSBC came up as an option, but they told us if the Sabres were in the playoffs we would get bumped.

What year did you graduate? 2001 here.

What year did you graduate? 2001 here.

In response to an earlier comment, I am going to get made fun of big time for this, but I actually thought that Fall Out Boy show would be fun. Hawthorne Heights is playing that too, and I like them a lot. But going to an arena to see them play just doesn't seem right! Not that I would be able to go anyways. I'm probably going to be driving to Buffalo that night to go to game 1 the next day. Then back to Jersey on Sunday to study my ass off for the rest of the week!

Archived