Rasmus Dahlin: The Jeanneret Effect

PASabreFan

My sources tell me Rick had a poached egg this morning with dry whole wheat toast. He didn't eat the yolk. For lunch he had a salad with mixed greens, chick peas, toasted (unsalted) almonds and one half tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and vinegar dressing. After a brisk, three mile walk in the sun this afternoon, complete with a bucket hat and SPF 60 sunscreen, he had a tall, cold glass of — water. Then he did the New York Times crossword puzzle, a really tough Sodoku and 20 one-handed pushups. As the last of the late April light fades, Cupcake is tucking him in. He'll be up at 5 for an organic avocado and strawberry smoothie to start his day, followed by pilates and meditation.

Seriously... does anyone really see Rick retiring anytime soon, especially now?

We all know it is coming but I don't want to think about the Sabres and Jeanneret not calling any games, the time is closer then ever, but I agree I think Rick will find a way to be a part of this even on a limited schedule.

We just all need to enjoy every chance we get to hear the legend call games.

The only way I can see Rick completely stepping away is after we win the cup. Have him announce the banner raising at the home opener the following season and call the game as a victory lap.  

I would love for the team to find ways to incorporate his voice into the gameday production a la Kate Smith in Philly.

Any DJ's or sound engineers in the house that can mix him into the beginning of a goal horn / warm up song?

(Maybe this can be a project for BOGO when he makes it to IR next season)

Edited by Stu

The only way I can see Rick completely stepping away is after we win the cup. Have him announce the banner raising at the home opener the following season and call the game as a victory lap.

I would love for the team to find ways to incorporate his voice into the gameday production a la Kate Smith in Philly.

Any DJ's or sound engineers in the house that can mix him into the beginning of a goal horn / warm up song?

(Maybe this can be a project for BOGO

No Bogo too useless

(Maybe this can be a project for BOGO

No Bogo too useless

Maybe this link will change your mind?

https://m.soundcloud.com/zach-bogosian/jingle-bell-rock-knock2-2014-remix

It's not as if folks here need more of a reason to rip on Bogo but If you want your ears to bleed (not in a good way) definitely check out his soundcloud

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.