Lehner plummeting down the save percentage rankings...

matter2003

I hate to agree with JJ on Lehner.  The Sabres have much more pressing problems

Martin Jones was traded for a 1st and Talbot went for a 2nd, 3rd and 6th.  

I also hate the Lehner trade, not because of Lehner per say, but because we also look Legwand and his $3 cap hit off their hands, gave them a 1st and Lehner was damaged goods (concussions).  IMHO GMTM way overpaid for giving Ottawa cap reilef and getting damaged goods.  A 2nd should have been enough.  

That said, Lehner is much improved this season and has stayed healthy.  These are good signs. The improvement and lower weight show that he is willing to work to get better.  I suspect his breakaway and odd man rush problems will be addressed this off-season.

Don't trade a first round pick for a "backup that might become a starter." Don't trade first round picks for goalies in general.

Nope. First rounders were wasted on Price, Rask, Vasilevsky, Luongo, Ward and Anderssen, to speak of our division alone.

but the Bruins got Rask for nothing from Tor.  They traded Raycroft to the Loafs for him.  It was later revealed that the Bruins were considering waiving Raycroft if they couldn't trade him.  This is my favorite Leafs trade in history! 

Luongo was also traded to Fla the first time with Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish if memory serves.  I'm not sure if this trade, or the Chara trade is the worst in NYI history.  Milbury must be the worst GM in hockey history (him or Button).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.