WGR - Trade deadline coverage

inkman

I would like to apologize to WGR and say it was a brilliant idea to have the John Murphy Show on.

Yes and I have also heard Murphy defend people associated with the organization to the death, only to flip a switch and bash the same individual when they are gone

Some have it coming. But, yes, the JM Show is the house organ of the Bills. What do you expect? It's like expecting criticism of Putin on Russia Today.

Is this really worse than deadline coverage when quite literally nothing is going on?

Meh. Given we aren't expected to do anything other than Franson and Kulikov for picks, I don't get the demand to have wall to wall coverage. I'm sure if something big and unexpected happened, they could shift gears on the fly.

Peters and Rivet were riveting (har har) discussing for hours whether they should trade Kane away or not and how Gionta should be re-signed........

Theres no doubt that they could have stretched it another couple hours to fill all the activity from this deadline.

Wasn't the biggest Coller fan but miss him now.  Can't do Sal as the constant fill-in, mostly because I'm not interested in Bills.  

Schopp appears to be on vaca this week as well.

Regardless, if the team was in the playoffs, or close to it, I think there would be coverage all day.  

I hate to say this because I like Sal as a football guy, but he's brutal when he comes out with hockey takes. He keeps calling Evander Kane Patrick when discussing the "rumors" this past week. It's almost like he wants to act like he belongs but it's so obvious he has no clue. As a football guy he's top notch though, i don't think theres many better then him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.