Sabres Forecheck

WildCard

I've noticed this the past couple games and was wondering if anyone else did. Does our forecheck seem terrible to anyone else? It's just one guy going in there with his stick flailing and the other team never has a problem with it. Other teams otoh send to guys flying in there that force our guys to make a decision and many times we cough the puck up. Anyone else want to see a more aggressive forecheck?

I've noticed this the past couple games and was wondering if anyone else did. Does our forecheck seem terrible to anyone else? It's just one guy going in there with his stick flailing and the other team never has a problem with it. Other teams otoh send to guys flying in there that force our guys to make a decision and many times we cough the puck up. Anyone else want to see a more aggressive forecheck?

I think the opponents have enough film on them now. I don't think it is a lack of aggression but rather the key is speed. The design is turn the flow one way or the other and the followers go to designated areas based on which way the d turns. If the d doesn't get rattled or is willing to take a hit then he can reverse the flow and we are out of position. I noticed this in Detroit and Dallas. I think the first guy in must be willing to bring the boom and not just try and stick check it away. Fewer d will be willing to be patient.

I think the opponents have enough film on them now. I don't think it is a lack of aggression but rather the key is speed. The design is turn the flow one way or the other and the followers go to designated areas based on which way the d turns. If the d doesn't get rattled or is willing to take a hit then he can reverse the flow and we are out of position. I noticed this in Detroit and Dallas. I think the first guy in must be willing to bring the boom and not just try and stick check it away. Fewer d will be willing to be patient.

Nice post.

1) Create neutral zone turn over and counter attack with speed. --- Don't let other team attack with fluid speed

2) try not to get caught going the wrong way on the forecheck. Make sure when you pressure the defense you do it so that you swoop in and turn back up ice so you have speed to back check.

3) force puck carrier to pass and then clog the passing lanes to create turn overs

3)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.