hasek done for the season

Corp000085

What article are you guys reading? The one linked at the top of this thread says Hasek is NOT done for the season.

The Ottawa Sun, citing a source close to the team, reported that it has been determined that Hasek will not be coming back from the strained adductor muscle he suffered at the Olympics in February.

Muckler told reporters that such speculation is ''totally untrue.''

''We've had a plan right since Dom got injured,'' Muckler said. ''The plan is to have Dom 100 per cent and when he's 100 per cent he will come back and he will play in the playoffs.''

I believe that the ottawa sun's report is true and muckler is saving face. Who doesn't come back when they're 100%? Muckler is just deflecting the fact that the Sun broke a story with an unnamed inside source.

You can read it both ways, one way being my point, the other is that the sun's report is totally unfounded. I tend to believe the source over muckler's apparent rhetoric.

What article are you guys reading? The one linked at the top of this thread says Hasek is NOT done for the season.

Rumor mongors and pranksters are usually made to look foolish. See Ecklund.

bump

Well, i decided to not edit my original post where i claimed hasek was done. The original article read that it was rumored that he was done. here's the quote from the new AP article, from ESPN

OTTAWA -- Senators goaltender Dominik Hasek practiced without pads Friday and hopes to return for the playoffs after missing nearly two months with a groin injury.

Though there is no timetable for his return, an upbeat Hasek all but guaranteed he'd be ready to go for the postseason, although he wouldn't make any predictions on his return before then.

The 41-year-old veteran Czech also plans to practice with full pads Saturday morning during the team's pregame skate before playing Buffalo. The groin injury also knocked him out of the Torino Olympics.

"I'm focused on being ready to play," he said. "I cannot say it's going to be in five days, seven days or 10 days. My goal is to be ready as soon as possible."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2400894&type=story

so, it looks like hasek will either be back for the playoffs, or he's setting up a smoke screen. who knows with that guy...

• 2 weeks later...

This is shaping up perfectly. Hasek will become a distraction to the Senators and they will falter. If he does come back, it will take one bad goal and he'll quit on himself and the team.

This is shaping up perfectly. Hasek will become a distraction to the Senators and they will falter. If he does come back, it will take one bad goal and he'll quit on himself and the team.

all we need to happen now is for the "dominator" attack a Senators beat reporter and this will feel like Sabres circa 1997..... (or whatever year it was he attacked Jim Kelley)

If Hasek is out for the playoffs that means in the East there will only be one goalie that has experience in the NHL playoffs. I still think it means a lot and really makes the Devils the team to beat. We all know so well that you can ride a goalie to the finals...

Archived