500 goal club

mjd1001

Looks like we might have a couple players join the 500 career goal club next year....

-Who does it first?  Ovechkin or Hossa?  Hossa needs 14, Ovechkin needs 25. Hossa is 36 years old and had 22 last year...Ovi is 29 and had 53 last year.

-Rick Nash will be 31 when the season starts and needs 122 goals to get there. He's had 119 in the last 4 years (one shortened season).  Does he get there by his mid 30's...or does his production drop off and he comes up a bit short?

-Crosby has 302..needs 198 more. With his injury history, does he make it?  Over the last 4 seasons, he has averaged a 33 goal pace over an 82 game season...at that rate he would need almost 6 seasons to reach 500...but what are the odds of him playing 82 games ever year with his injury history?  So does he make it? and if so...when?

-Stamkos looks like the next player after the above ones with a shot at it..and he is likely to make it (in my opinion) but he is still pretty far off. 

Anyone have any opinions on this topic?

Gotta go with Ovie on this, then Hossa just because he's so close. Nash, IMO, probably take 4-5 seasons to get there, whereas Crosby might need 5-6, maybe 7 (I doubt it though). 

It really is incredible what Ovechkin has done: maintaing 50 goal seasons in this modern-era Dead Puck fiasco. 

Gotta go with Ovie on this, then Hossa just because he's so close. Nash, IMO, probably take 4-5 seasons to get there, whereas Crosby might need 5-6, maybe 7 (I doubt it though).

It really is incredible what Ovechkin has done: maintaing 50 goal seasons in this modern-era Dead Puck fiasco.

Imagine if they didn't spend three years of his prime trying to turn him into a legit two way player.

I can't who you're talking about here. Is it genuinely Hossa? Or sarcastically Ovechkin?

Ovechkin, for sure. Boudreau's final year and Hunter's entire tenure were exercises in trying to make him play better defense at the expense of offense. His goals, scoring rates, and shot metrics all reflect this, and it's the primary reason many (including me) thought he had hit an abrupt decline. As it turns out, it was mostly inept player usage from coaches (I say mostly because his even strength numbers are still lower than say five years ago, so there has been some decline).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.