Playoffs..... True measure

Wyldnwoody44

I don't want any changes, period!

June hockey isn't great but its playoff hockey so they cancel out at very least.

I love 82 games + the 4 best of 7 game series 

The less time without NHL hockey to pay attention to, the better.

Pre-Memorial Day means waiting 3.5 months for another game and that's just too long.

That being said, I wouldn't mind them shifting the 82 game schedule to start Sept 23rd, end March 29 Then playoffs start April 1 it would shift the season about 2 weeks earlier. Thus ending the season near the last week of May/first week of June at the latest.

Just was thinking and wondering if anyone here thought that the playoff format would benefit from being changed.

We all know that the Stanley Cup is the hardest to win in all the major US sports. Is playing 7 games against each opponet a true measure of which team is clearly better less injury prone.

Unlike in football where 1 bad day can bounce you, teams can adjust to each other over a long series, attack and counterattack, some other sports have a wildcard playoff and then a mix of 5 and 7 games.

I realize most fans love the battle and the 7 game series to get to the top of the mountain, I certainly do, I am just entertaining ideas if there were to be a tweak anywhere,would it be accepted/welcomed??

Fixed! :)

I would not be opposed to 1-16 seeding, although the 1 gets the 16 would prolly not result in many upsets

It's really the same thing two sets of 1-8 seeds is the same as one set of 1-16. Teams 1-2 in 1-16 would be 1 and 1 in the two sets; likewise, teams 15-16 would be the two 8s. This assumes the conferences are roughly equivalent which on average I'd say is true.

Edited by MattPie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.