GDT: HELL YES BEAT THE PENS 4/11/15

Eleven

I'd estimate it was about 55% Pens - 45% Sabres. When that cheer went up, turned to the guy sitting next to me and said I was now even more glad the Sabres had been locked into 30th the night before; 'cause the Sabres almost definitely would have accused Sabre fans of joining in. That one was loud and the cheering was ALL Pens fans. Some Sabres fans started booing them in response, boosting the volume unfortunately.Game started w/ a playoff atmosphere but as the Sabres lost steam (and the game was dull for long stretches) the crowd's intensity fizzled as well. Heard the GR guys saying in the pregame that the fans should give a "Thankyou Sabres" chant; they hadn't as of the beginning of the shirt signing, hope they didn't after I left. Would expect the fan meaning of 'thanks fod persevering' would have been misinterpreted as 'thanks for McEichel' at best or something more sarcastic at worst.And for whatever it's worth the guy that has tix on the other side of me said that the majority of the cheer that Weber took issue w/ a few games back was vastly Yotes fans. He's usually a straight shooter, fwiw.

Good to know, and you're probably right about any fan response after the game was over. Would've been nice if there'd have been an in-game opportunity, but as others have said, a fitting end to the season.

I loved your "I only want generational" post. The rage is strong in this one.

I had probably more John Powers in me than I should've had. Just wanted to make sure that I actually felt that way today and it wasn't just the booze talking. I do.

And for the record, most squirrels are (I'm sure there are a few good ones) and would fling any one of us if they could. But they don't have thumbs, so screw 'em.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.