To Tank or Not To Tank, that is the Question?

LGR4GM

Tanking  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tim Murray do all he can to have this team finish last?

• Yes, he should sell off UFA's and other assets so the team bottoms out
    • No, he should keep his mind open to trading but doesn't need to have a fire sale
    • Libbala Libbala Timmay, or I don't know

No need for us to battle on this. As a Sabres fan who never cared for Derek Roy's game, my point was that Roy's still hurting Buffalo by not scoring a clutch goal.

yada, yada, yada,

Way too much in this post -- my bad.

So I take it you watch Celebrity Apprentice?

I guess somebody has to... :unsure:

So I take it you watch Celebrity Apprentice?

I guess somebody has to... :unsure:

"10 p.m. - CBS closed primetime in first overall with 8.48 million viewers and finished second with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 for "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" was second with 6.89 million viewers and won the hour comfortably with a 2.4 key demo rating.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/tv-ratings-galavant-and-celebrity-apprentice-start-well-nfl-wild-card-dominates-sunday#0UCzmf7eZVOl2F2p.99BC"

Your television only gets CNN? Talk about somebody has to watch it...

"10 p.m. - CBS closed primetime in first overall with 8.48 million viewers and finished second with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 for "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" was second with 6.89 million viewers and won the hour comfortably with a 2.4 key demo rating.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.co...eZVOl2F2p.99BC"

Your television only gets CNN? Talk about somebody has to watch it...

I stand corrected. I guess quite a few somebodys watch it.

Reality shows just aren't my cup of tea...

I stand corrected. I guess quite a few somebodys watch it.

Reality shows just aren't my cup of tea...

I am not a fan of most reality television, but I have a weakness when it comes to Celebrity Apprentice, Undercover Boss, and Shark Tank. They're all business related, and I think that's my draw. Besides those three, if it's not a sporting event, I don't watch it. I haven't watched a television series since Rescue Me ended, and prior to that it was the Shield.

For the most part, I agree with LGR4GM.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Thought this was interesting... even though Buffalo is currently in 28th, the stats site projects Buffalo with a 78% chance to finish the season in 30th.

It's a neat site. They use the prior games to predict the outcome of the future games.

I remember using it a couple years ago when Buffalo was making a playoff push. I didn't think I would be using it to see the odds that they win the McEichel sweeps.

http://www.sportsclu...ts.com/NHL.html

Thought this was interesting... even though Buffalo is currently in 28th, the stats site projects Buffalo with a 78% chance to finish the season in 30th.

It's a neat site. They use the prior games to predict the outcome of the future games.

I remember using it a couple years ago when Buffalo was making a playoff push. I didn't think I would be using it to see the odds that they win the McEichel sweeps.

It's actually a 78% chance we finish last in the East. Edmonton is 90% to finish last in the West. 0% chance for Buffalo making playoffs, and for chance at Stanley Cup we aren't even listed at 0% like a few other teams...just as "no". :lol:

We are the worst! Believe in the shart.

It's actually a 78% chance we finish last in the East. Edmonton is 90% to finish last in the West. 0% chance for Buffalo making playoffs, and for chance at Stanley Cup we aren't even listed at 0% like a few other teams...just as "no". :lol:

If I recal correctly, that site is a compilation of a ton of simulations that the site admins run (something like 10,000+) based on prior results and expected outcomes. So for example Detroit has a 70% chance of winning against the Sabres, etc. The cells listed as "0%" have at least a few data points that resulted in that outcome, so the chance of Buffalo making the playoffs is something like 10 results out of 10,000 simulations (<1%). The ones with "NO" means that the odds are so bad that none of their simulations resulted in that outcome.

So in essence, the Sabres are bad.

Your response prompted me to go back and look because the screen I looked at showed Edmonton in 29 and Buffalo at 30. Regardless, that's when I noticed they have a link for the NHL Lottery. Edmonton and Buffalo are tied -- 44% chance that either will finish last, and a 29.1% chance of winning the coveted spot. If I read that correctly, 44% chance Buffalo finishes last (TOUCHED BY BOYES was correct in his explanation of how they determine future results) and a 29.1% chance of winning the lottery.

Need to find a way to get St. Louis and the Islanders to drop lower.

Amazingly, with the worst shot differential in the league, the fewest goals for in the league, the most goals against, and 5 losses in a row, we're STILL 4 points out of the cellar, and 3rd worst (Carolina and Edmonton have fewer points. A regulation loss to the Canes would help, but we'd still be one point ahead of Carolina.

That's if being the very worst team is the goal. How can you be the worst team in the aforementioned stats and not comfortably be Numero Uno worst in points? LOL We fail at everything. LOL

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.