SIGNING: Marcus Foligno Re-signs with the Sabres

26CornerBlitz

Shot: Sabres fans hate having a soft team.

Chaser: Sabres fans are unhappy with the forward who had 206 hits last year.

1. He scored too often when he first came up to the Sabres, so I think that set too high of expectations for many fans.

2. He had a lot of registered hits last year, but someone no one ever noticed them.

1. He scored too often when he first came up to the Sabres, so I think that set too high of expectations for many fans.

2. He had a lot of registered hits last year, but someone no one ever noticed them.

I think that the memory of Marcus' dad has folks thinking that Marcus could be a top 6 power forward, but the reality is, when he was drafted he was projected to be a bottom 6 NHL player. He is living up to his projection nicely. And that is a compliment. He was a 4th round pick FFS. Something like 10% of 4th round picks ever have a meaningful NHL career. He's already beat the odds.

I think that the memory of Marcus' dad has folks thinking that Marcus could be a top 6 power forward, but the reality is, when he was drafted he was projected to be a bottom 6 NHL player. He is living up to his projection nicely. And that is a compliment. He was a 4th round pick FFS. Something like 10% of 4th round picks ever have a meaningful NHL career. He's already beat the odds.

It seems like Marcus is a victim of his own success. From world juniors, to prospect camp, to rochester, to his first month in the NHL. He killed it. Everyone thought he would continue his ascension but he's plateaued. Maybe he can grow a bit but I think 10-15 goals might be his ceiling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.