GDT: Buffalo at Los Angeles 11-07-13 at 10:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Absolutely. I am bothered by the fact that people will supposedly read the criticisms of Hodgson and then sum those criticisms up as "defensive liability". No! He is a defensive liability because he lacks any intensity. He does the no-look pass thing a lot and turns over the puck, hell, even when he's looking a lot of his passes result in turn-overs.

As others have said, he can not be bothered to go after a puck that is a few feet away from him. He literally skates past a puck that is not coming right at him, or will sit there and watch a puck come at him instead of going to get it. He does not hit, therefore, again, not engaging the play and making the attempt to get the puck by taking the body. He floats coming out of the zone. He floats in the zone.

Last night, while Ennis was retrieving a puck that Hodgson dumped behind LA's net (in which Ennis had to travel a distance to get), Hodgson circled back across the slot and then AWAY from the net! He should have gone to the FRONT OF THE NET and sat there waiting for Ennis to take the shot. How frustrating it must be for Ennis who made all of that effort, and his line mate can't be bothered to put himself into the dirty area to try and get a goal.

Hodgson has turned into the epitome of the type of player we have come to HATE as Sabre's fans. But he's shiny and new and supposedly has "upside". Haven't we seen enough of this type of player come through the roster? Why hasn't Adam been on the Sabres? Because he did the same thing, but lacks the natural scoring talent. That's it; all that separates an Adam and a Hodgson is natural scoring ability. I'm sick of players with "potential" who, after a certain amount of time, have shown there is a lot less potential there than initially thought. It wastes time and roster spots.

I haven't read this post yet but I will soon. I do have one question, though, did Hodgson fornicate with a relative/SO of yours?

Hodgson is young and can definitely still learn to play better defensively. I've seen his battle get better over the course of this short season. It's nowhere near where it needs to be, but to question that he has upside is laughable. And I actually think Ron can make Hodgson a more complete player.

It is not his defense that troubles me the most, it is his vision , sense, and his propensity to shoot first. He is not a playmaker. A young d.roy in the making with less vision. Add his defensesive,vision and board work defects together and you have an at best second/third line center that right now who has potential , but needs a lot more work.

It is not his defense that troubles me the most, it is his vision , sense, and his propensity to shoot first. He is not a playmaker. A young d.roy in the making with less vision. Add his defensesive,vision and board work defects together and you have an at best second/third line center that right now who has potential , but needs a lot more work.

Everything bolded is so wrong it hurts.

Archived