The Ruff Legacy

darksabre

Will it continue in the form of son Brian Ruff, a freshman this year for the Miami Ohio Redhawks?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=176823

He has size at 18 and is likely to get stronger. Are the Sabres almost obligated to draft him in a late round at some point? Or does he have a higher ceiling than that?

He's certainly going to be a kid to keep an eye on in college hockey for the sake of the local kid connection.

I saw where he's enrolling there in the fall, but I don't think he's playing hockey for them (club maybe?). I can't find any info about him as a commit or a recruit on the Miami website.

He just finished a season in the OJHL, which isn't too highly regarded for kids looking to play D1 hockey (unless they're dominating the league). The Miami freshmen (for example) are coming from the NTDP, NAHL, BCHL, and USHL, all higher levels of hockey than the OJHL.

I saw where he's enrolling there in the fall, but I don't think he's playing hockey for them (club maybe?). I can't find any info about him as a commit or a recruit on the Miami website.

He just finished a season in the OJHL, which isn't too highly regarded for kids looking to play D1 hockey (unless they're dominating the league). The Miami freshmen (for example) are coming from the NTDP, NAHL, BCHL, and USHL, all higher levels of hockey than the OJHL.

I have no idea. He's advertising himself as an incoming freshman at a hockey school so I connected the dots. I suppose I shouldn't have assumed.

So I guess this thread is moot. :oops:

Archived