Leino: Whither the Bounce Back?

That Aud Smell

Stafford has 1 bad year, he's young , with a good line he will recover. Andrew Peters said the criticism weighs heavy on players as it did him.

No he won't.

Sabres don't have the luxury of entertaining this overpaid career floater anymore, he needs to be gone in the off-season, with the the remaining dead wood, as we're clearly in purge mode.

No he won't.

Sabres don't have the luxury of entertaining this overpaid career floater anymore, he needs to be gone in the off-season, with the the remaining dead wood, as we're clearly in purge mode.

He needs to be gone in the offseason if for no other reason than we need to clear the air in the locker room.

Burn down the entire forrest and let something new grow.

Stafford has 1 bad year, he's young , with a good line he will recover. Andrew Peters said the criticism weighs heavy on players as it did him.

What criticism weighed on Peters? He should play less than three minutes per game? He should dress for even less than the 50% of games he played in his NHL career? You're kidding when you qoute him, right? People really spent time criticizing him? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the role he had to play, but it was the only role that gave him a sniff of the NHL.

If Stafford were paid like the third or fourth line player he his, he'd take no heat. Again, DR should be blamed for his assessment. I don't blame Stafford or Leino for taking the money. That's the problem. They take the heat for Darcy's miscalculation.

Still, I'd be happy to see either bought out.

What critisism weighed on Peters? He should play less than three minutes per game? He should dress for even less than the 50% of games he played in his NHL career? You're kidding when you qoute him, right? People really spent time criticizing him?

We hurt Petey's feelings?

I'm sorry, Petey. I always told 'em you could dangle.

I'm not a Leino fan and am on most nights an open critic of his, but he is an NHL calibur player. I can't see how he is not on the team next year, because who will be left? The Sabre's line up now is made up of AHLers and veterans who would have a very difficult time making a repectable teams roster. So keep him and keep Stafford next year until a couple of these young prospects are ready to play in the Big leagues.

Only way Leino will be bought out this summer is if they bring in some whopping contracts.

Sure he's overpaid, but he's a lot better than he showed last year and could flourish in the right role.

More importantly, he's also probably the third-best winger on the roster. How bad do you want this team to be?

Only way Leino will be bought out this summer is if they bring in some whopping contracts.

Sure he's overpaid, but he's a lot better than he showed last year and could flourish in the right role.

More importantly, he's also probably the third-best winger on the roster. How bad do you want this team to be?

What is this based on? He a had a short run of success in Philly where he was surrounded by far more talented players, You are right, Lieno is likely the third best winger on the roster, which is why this team is where they are, miles away from seriously contending.

Lieno is one of the mistakes that the Sabres have to move on from if they are ever going to turn things around.

Archived