Does Patrick Kane have a drinking problem?

North Buffalo

I have no idea. Maybe yes, maybe no. And unlike many on this board or on the local talk shows, I refuse to get involved in ruining someone's character on speculation and innuendo. Is Kane the new Derek Roy? Do we need someone new to speculate about with Derek in Dallas?

I heard Patrick was in a scrum along the boards and said "it is just a game." Just kidding Bulldog. LOL

PK is what you call a social drinker in South Buffalo.

that made made laugh.

my sense is that he will probably want to scale it back, just a touch. if he finds that he can't scale it back, then he will find that he has a problem.

Or a team to be professionally obligated to.

this is where i think the concern is. i recall talk (can't source it, sorry) about how his drinking was (possibly) affecting his ability to lace 'em up and get after it. that's an issue.

This ain't the old days when Mickey Mantle stayed out all night, came to the ballpark hungover the next afternoon, and belted dingers.

to say nothing of the fact that mantle & co. used to swill suds in the frickin' dugout.

my sense is that he will probably want to scale it back, just a touch. if he finds that he can't scale it back, then he will find that he has a problem.

He at least needs to scale back where he is doing the drinking.

For as much of an ass that Kane is, I can't help but want him in Buffalo. Just something about the ultra-talented hometown kid. But I feel like Kane to Buffalo would almost be a death sentence, like Herrin to Boston all those years ago.

Quick interesting story.. a friend of a friend was on one of Kane's hockey teams as a kid, so they've kept in touch. Two summers ago he had a party, Kane showed up with two random guys and sat on the stairs. Anytime a girl would walk upstairs to go to the bathroom, they'll try getting with them. He didn't talk to anybody else, just sat there and drank. Then Kane or one of his friends threw a chair through some glass and left without a word.

Liked this story.

We need more mystery on this team, since Roy left.

Wait Darcy, you animal, let's think it over.

Unless he's showing up to games hungover or getting suspended by the league for his antics it's not a problem. And even showing up for games drunk or hungover wouldn't be a problem if he was still performing at a top level the way Mantle used to.

For as much of an ass that Kane is, I can't help but want him in Buffalo. Just something about the ultra-talented hometown kid. But I feel like Kane to Buffalo would almost be a death sentence, like Herrin to Boston all those years ago.

Quick interesting story.. a friend of a friend was on one of Kane's hockey teams as a kid, so they've kept in touch. Two summers ago he had a party, Kane showed up with two random guys and sat on the stairs. Anytime a girl would walk upstairs to go to the bathroom, they'll try getting with them. He didn't talk to anybody else, just sat there and drank. Then Kane or one of his friends threw a chair through some glass and left without a word.

While I like you as a poster I NEVER believe these stories. Especially if they contain alcohol.

Guest Sloth

And what's wrong w/ that? Sounds like a typical college party to me. DStebb, if you're in that age group, you should try it out. They're a lot of fun for many reasons! lol

Archived