Sabres bid on parking lot acreage in attempt to build new rinks downtown

IKnowPhysics

Your link is nearly a year old. Anyway, the road for UB would be a very tough one. Those bottom feeder conferences that are on the verge of dying off would be the only ones to even consider them.

I'll admit I haven't been paying any attention to the various conference changes in D1. But I imagine UB would almost have to be an AHA team.

I'll admit I haven't been paying any attention to the various conference changes in D1. But I imagine UB would almost have to be an AHA team.

And that's a bit of a dead end at this point. Their only hope would be an eventual move to the ECAC, where they might actually be a good fit academically. But I'm not so sure they'd be looking to expand at any point.

And that's a bit of a dead end at this point. Their only hope would be an eventual move to the ECAC, where they might actually be a good fit academically. But I'm not so sure they'd be looking to expand at any point.

And the AHA is getting crowded. With the emergence of teams that are actually competitive outside the AHA like Niagara, Air Force and RIT, something is going to give and someone is going to get booted from the conference, like AIC.

Your link is nearly a year old.

Nine months, yes.

And the AHA is getting crowded.

If UB had a choice, they wouldn't want to join Atlantic Hockey anyways. Atlantic has a 12 scholarship limit, which in turn limits their ability to recruit players and advance their prestige in NCAA. Several teams in the conference want to up the scholarship limit, and its creating quite a intra-conference divide (warning that link is more than a year old :rolleyes: ). For UB to be most succesful in the long term, they would want to join ECAC, Hockey East (unlikely), or NCHC (more unlikely), which allows the NCAA maximum 18 scholarships.

Inb4 RIT haz no scholarshipz.

Nine months, yes.

If UB had a choice, they wouldn't want to join Atlantic Hockey anyways. Atlantic has a 12 scholarship limit, which in turn limits their ability to recruit players and advance their prestige in NCAA. Several teams in the conference want to up the scholarship limit, and its creating quite a intra-conference divide (warning that link is more than a year old :rolleyes: ). For UB to be most succesful in the long term, they would want to join ECAC, Hockey East (unlikely), or NCHC (more unlikely), which allows the NCAA maximum 18 scholarships.

Haha it's the price we pay.

Whatever, we don't need no steenkin scholarsheeps!

Nine months, yes.

They have 0 shot at HE. They're overloaded now that they decided to take the big time cashout of welcoming Notre Dame into the conference. It's a shame they did that too, because they had a good feel going with being only New England schools. Like you said, it pretty much would be ECAC or bust and I don't believe they're too interested in expanding either, but I can get a clearer picture on their stance if you give me a few hours.

They have 0 shot at HE. They're overloaded now that they decided to take the big time cashout of welcoming Notre Dame into the conference. It's a shame they did that too, because they had a good feel going with being only New England schools. Like you said, it pretty much would be ECAC or bust and I don't believe they're too interested in expanding either, but I can get a clearer picture on their stance if you give me a few hours.

Hater. ;)

I actually think my Alma Mater is a good fit with BC, Merrimack, and Providence all being Catholic Schools. But yes, it is a big financial opportunity with ND Hockey having a national broadcast contract with NBC Sports. The Holy War on Ice is will soon be a conference rivalry, awesome :angel:

Hater. ;)

I actually think my Alma Mater is a good fit with BC, Merrimack, and Providence all being Catholic Schools. But yes, it is a big financial opportunity with ND Hockey having a national broadcast contract with NBC Sports. The Holy War on Ice is will soon be a conference rivalry, awesome :angel:

It's a horrible fit. The league had something very unique in that every single school was a bus trip away, allowing for a lot of home and home series. That's gone now with Notre Dame jumping on a plane to go anywhere. It looks a lot like the recent college football moves. In the hockey world, Notre Dame is definitely not "east".

It's a horrible fit. The league had something very unique in that every single school was a bus trip away, allowing for a lot of home and home series. That's gone now with Notre Dame jumping on a plane to go anywhere. It looks a lot like the recent college football moves. In the hockey world, Notre Dame is definitely not "east".

True. It really is a forced move to try and keep the league on top as other leagues move forward moving hockey from a net-zero revenue sport to a positive revenue sport with the addition of Major TV deals. TV deals need more markets than just Boston. Notre Dame brings every market into play.

It's getting painted this summer.

For those interested, the camera is still going from the Aud demolition here:

http://www.earthcam.com/client/erie/

If you click on the 11th, 12th of June you can see where the dirt was that is now grass thanks to TPegs.

Thanks for that link.

I so hope they get rid of that sky-way. That road way is just ugly on the skyline.

Archived