Caught a Break?

puma2577

Maybe we just caught a break. Thanks to the Chara-Cairns fight, big boy hurt his hand and will not make the trip here or to PHI. We won't have to deal with him in the crease on the PP.

That could make a big difference. Chara had a huge impact last game. Not only on the PP, but he's impossible to get around too.

I don't want to catch a break from a team that we are competetive with. I think that having Ales Kotalik on the ice is like playing shorthanded. He has made a few hits lately, who cares. He doesn't backcheck, and anytime he can, he passes the puck away rather than taking a hit and setting something up. Ales would rather dump the puck under any and all circumstances whether it be beneficial or not. He is the biggest wuss on the team bar none. I am aware that he is the leading scorer, that is how sad it is. There are so many better players in that line up, because of his shot he is in at critical times. What is his +/- average? He has been plucked out of the line that he was with too many times to count.

I think that one of the better all-round players, namely Jochen Hecht , being out of the lineup has really hurt the team. He is by no means the best player, but solid night in and night out. I know that he is not an offensive, nor defensive star, but he is a guy that plays solid hockey on both ends. Look at the last few games. In transition there are few better than him. The team needs to play both ends of the ice, that's what got them to where they are right now.

For your first post you blast away at our leading scorer? Are you kidding me? I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about when blasting Kotalik. Do you even watch the games?

Archived