GMs, Coaches and Other Teams

Trettioåtta

This is a complete list of all coaches and Gms for other teams and whether or not the team made the playoffs. I am too tired to analyse it now, but my first thought is hope CHiago fail in the playoffs, fire Quenville and pick him up.

At some point i will also make a note of when 'stars' arrived at those clubs, to see if that made a difference.

I apologise for the messiness of it - i tried to convey a lot of detail

Sheet3.pdf

I'd like to see some stats on number of coaching changes and number of gm changes vs number of playoff appearances.

Hypothesis being that teams that change coaches/GMs with more frequency are likely to have made less playoff appearances.

I'd like to see some stats on number of coaching changes and number of gm changes vs number of playoff appearances.

Hypothesis being that teams that change coaches/GMs with more frequency are likely to have made less playoff appearances.

I think New Jersey would ruin that curve.

I think New Jersey would ruin that curve.

Well that's part of my curiosity. If changing a GM or coach with frequency results in less playoff appearances, which one matter more? New Jersey almost supports the notion that coach doesn't even matter. Or, that having the right coach for a team each year is easier than having a coach try and adapt his plan to his team each year.

Well that's part of my curiosity. If changing a GM or coach with frequency results in less playoff appearances, which one matter more? New Jersey almost supports the notion that coach doesn't even matter. Or, that having the right coach for a team each year is easier than having a coach try and adapt his plan to his team each year.

basically, to sum it up: is NJ the outlier, or the norm? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that NJ is going to be an outlier, but not by much. To better get an understanding, maybe look not just at playoff appearances, but also at how far the teams went with their respective coaches/gms

basically, to sum it up: is NJ the outlier, or the norm? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that NJ is going to be an outlier, but not by much. To better get an understanding, maybe look not just at playoff appearances, but also at how far the teams went with their respective coaches/gms

It certainly speaks to the strengths of having a steady (competent) GM though. Detroit, Nashville, NYR, and San Jose also support that trend.

Buffalo looks to be a situation that is begging for change in one of those positions. The question is, which one might have the greater positive impact?

It certainly speaks to the strengths of having a steady (competent) GM though. Detroit, Nashville, NYR, and San Jose also support that trend.

Buffalo looks to be a situation that is begging for change in one of those positions. The question is, which one might have the greater positive impact?

So get charting! :P

I agree though, it would seem that we are begging for a change, and maybe that's why both are still here. (PURE SPECULATION) Maybe Pegula wants to figure out which one leaving would have the greater positive impact, like you said.

So get charting! :P

I agree though, it would seem that we are begging for a change, and maybe that's why both are still here. (PURE SPECULATION) Maybe Pegula wants to figure out which one leaving would have the greater positive impact, like you said.

haha if I wasn't sitting here working on my thesis, I would gladly work out some charts. But there has to be someone here with more free time on their hands than me. ;)

Archived