Boring win or exciting loss?

SDS

Boring win or exciting loss?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather watch?

• A boring game that results in a Sabres win
    • An exciting game that results in a Sabres loss

I can handle a "boring" road game. All good teams are able to keep the home crowd quiet by playing the trap or another form of shutdown hockey. It's the best way to approach away games and the Sabres have done it very well since the lockout.

At home, eff that! If the Sabres played the trap full time I think I'd pull my hair out. We don't need another Tampa Bay or New Jersey in the east.

You have to think of it this way: which would you rather have, a boring sabres Stanley cup win or an exctiting 2nd place stanley cup finals loss to the champion?

Nailed it.

No, not really. :thumbdown:

Winning the Stanley Cup or any playoff game for that manner, pretty much negates the "boring" part of the equation for most people, due to the inherent circumstances. Does everyone need to go out of their way to distort the original question?

No, not really. :thumbdown:

Winning the Stanley Cup or any playoff game for that manner, pretty much negates the "boring" part of the equation for most people, due to the inherent circumstances. Does everyone need to go out of their way to distort the original question?

You didnt even respond to what most said and the way i stated it didnt even distort what you said, I dont think you know what you are asking or you mixed up how you wanted to word it.

Apparently the question covers (a to me) hypothetical situation where seeing the Sabres win would be boring and where seeing them lose would be awesome instead of a gut wrenching stab directly in the heart.

For me, even if that scenario could somehow become reality, I would still pick a boring Sabres win. So yes, to me the Sabres represent more than just pure entertainment. And no, that does not mean I tie my sense of personal fulfillment to how the Sabres perform.

Apparently the question covers (a to me) hypothetical situation where seeing the Sabres win would be boring and where seeing them lose would be awesome instead of a gut wrenching stab directly in the heart.

For me, even if that scenario could somehow become reality, I would still pick a boring Sabres win. So yes, to me the Sabres represent more than just pure entertainment. And no, that does not mean I tie my sense of personal fulfillment to how the Sabres perform.

Are you sure? Is your mom proud of you?

Are you sure? Is your mom proud of you?

I am quite sure, and to the best of my knowledge my mother is proud of my achievements. I don't think her assessment of me is influenced much by my reactions to Buffalo Sabres games however. I would be more than surprised if it turns out she knows the Buffalo Sabres exists.

Archived