CBC OTA w/ indoor antenna

drnkirishone

I don't know what you mean by wondering if they use the same system but I wouldn't have known that analog travels farther than digital either.

I can say that I get CBC with my rooftop antenna using all the same hardware I get the US networks on if that gives a clue.

OP: with a rooftop antenna and a rotor I'd imagine you'd get it just fine. I can't lend an opinion on how well an indoor antenna might work in your location.

Sorry to take this off topic a bit, but i am not very technology savvy, so i was just wondering. Center Ice hasn't shown any games in HD from CBC, and i heard the reason is because Canada changed TV law/rules that prohibits airing HD feeds outside of Canada. To me this makes no sense, but can this be true? And if so, is very channel effected by this (sportsnet, tsn) or is it just premier channels like CBC?

Good luck using an indoor antenna. The downside of digital signals is you eithter get a good picture or you don't really get any picture. At least with the old analog signals an inferior antenna option like an indoor antenna would still likely pull in something.

There is too much interference with an indoor setup to expect to pull a digital signal all the way from Toronto. You really need a rooftop unit, and to get a reliably good signal you probably will need a directional antenna.

There are some terrific resources for setting up a TV antenna on the internet. Google is your friend.

Archived