Time Warner question

SabresFanInRochester

I was a DirectTV subscriber for the past 10 years. After the season ended, I took a package deal with TW in Monroe County because I saw that they offered MSG. I am gearing up for the Sabres season, and I see that NHL Network is not part of the basic package. Also, MSG+ (as it was known on DirectTV) does not appear in my channel listing.

So, to my fellow TW customers in Monroe County:

Will I be able to watch every Sabres game that is on MSG?

I don't know about Monroe County, but here in Chemung County, TW has a channel called SABRESHD (1050) on which every Sabres game is broadcasted in HD from the MSG feed.

It's the same in Monroe County...I just moved away from there. I can't remember the exact number but it's above the regular MSG channel. They also play replays of the games on this channel

Yes. I am a Monroe County Time Warner customer and every Sabres game is in HD on 1092 (SABRE) and 51 in Standard Definition. Also, MSG+ is available on 53 (SD) and 1093 (HD) although I've never watched it.

I am in Rochester and can verify this. The Sabres games are broadcast on the 1092 Sabre channel, but for some reason they do not show the games on MSG or MSG+. MSG usually shows Rangers games.

I would also suggest picking up the "Sports Pass" (I think it is $3.99/mo) so you can get NHL Network - TW doesnt just give it to you like DTV does.

Its too bad you have to leave DTV, they are MUCH better than TW. I had DTV for years, and never had any problems. I have had TW for 5 months now, and I am constantly on the phone with them or their online chat for some problem or another...

I am in Rochester and can verify this. The Sabres games are broadcast on the 1092 Sabre channel, but for some reason they do not show the games on MSG or MSG+. MSG usually shows Rangers games.

I would also suggest picking up the "Sports Pass" (I think it is $3.99/mo) so you can get NHL Network - TW doesnt just give it to you like DTV does.

Its too bad you have to leave DTV, they are MUCH better than TW. I had DTV for years, and never had any problems. I have had TW for 5 months now, and I am constantly on the phone with them or their online chat for some problem or another...

I thank everyone for their help and input. I wish I had asked earlier in the summer, because I believe MSG replayed the top 10 games of the year. It would have been nice to watch.

I loved DirectTV, but I am getting internet, phone, and cable tv for less than I was paying for DirectTV. Couldn't pass that up.

Archived