[OT] Anyone else smoke butts?

carpandean

• 2 weeks later...

Been smoking a pork "butt" (shoulder) all day. Got me wondering if anyone else here is into smoking meat (save the Chz jokes and keep this out the gutter.)

- Who's got a smoker?

- What do you like to smoke?

- Any good techniques?

- Any good recipes?

- Pics?

I've got an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM) with a Stoker control box and blower. The WSM is pure genius, especially when you look at the history of how it was made.

Today, I'm using a hybrid coffee/paprika rub:

4 tbsp sweet paprika

4 tbsp coffee grounds

4 tbsp brown sugar

2 tbsp sea salt (fine)

2 tbsp black pepper

1 tbsp onion powder

1 tsp cayenne pepper

and I've spritzed it with an 8:1 cider/cider vinegar mix. Cooking over lump charcoal with chunks of cherry and apple wood. It's edible already (over 165F), but I'm trying to get it over 190F by 5pm, so that I can break it up easily for dinner.

carp, your recipe up next. Loved Weaves, but I am up for trying somethjing new for a butt I am doing for tomorrow. Neighbors are Cinci fans, so DVR the game and watch around 5 tomorrow and have some pulled pig for dinner.

Two questions for you..I do not make coffee at home..might just ground coffee work?How would you adjust the ratios for that? I am guessing you put rub on overnight..do you also reapply some in the AM? How often do you sprtiz? Do you findthat better than mopping?

THx in advance

Archived