Riter Radio is a thing of the past (at least on WECK)

theesir

Interesting (although your link is broken). I hope Pergament writes a column explaining what happened.

Pergament doesn't work at the news any more. His beat was picked up by Jane Kwiatkowski

Sorry about the link. Just go to twitter and search for nicholasmendola

Biggest loss is not having a 2nd sports station. Mendola was good, really enjoyed listening to him, but Brad Riter should not be on the air. Good public speaker but he's very very passionate about his opinions and "guarantees" too many idiotic stuff. Like, the day prior to the NFL draft, he was asked if he was reading mock drafts or making his own mock, and he said no because their all stupid and all a guess. He said he glanced at several and saw Cam Newton #1 and laughed it off, said NO WAY Cam was going #1. He must of made it like a 5 minute deal to say Cam wasn't going #1 and the people mocking him as #1 are so dumb. There were other things.

Biggest loss is not having a 2nd sports station. Mendola was good, really enjoyed listening to him, but Brad Riter should not be on the air. Good public speaker but he's very very passionate about his opinions and "guarantees" too many idiotic stuff. Like, the day prior to the NFL draft, he was asked if he was reading mock drafts or making his own mock, and he said no because their all stupid and all a guess. He said he glanced at several and saw Cam Newton #1 and laughed it off, said NO WAY Cam was going #1. He must of made it like a 5 minute deal to say Cam wasn't going #1 and the people mocking him as #1 are so dumb. There were other things.

Brad didn't feel the need to do a show like every other one that was on the radio. I for one respected him for that. I could have listened to 20 other programs (local, network, satellite) analyzing mock drafts. Brad said, screw it, why should I do what everyone else is. Its the reason I listened to him.

Brad didn't feel the need to do a show like every other one that was on the radio. I for one respected him for that. I could have listened to 20 other programs (local, network, satellite) analyzing mock drafts. Brad said, screw it, why should I do what everyone else is. Its the reason I listened to him.

Its not the fact that he was different, but no need to call everyone stupid for what turned out to be right, and what 90% of NFL people (not mockers) believed. Condescension, especially with no basis, does not endear oneself to others.

Its not the fact that he was different, but no need to call everyone stupid for what turned out to be right, and what 90% of NFL people (not mockers) believed. Condescension, especially with no basis, does not endear oneself to others.

It seems to work for WGR.

This. Its one way not to talk/report the mock drafts but its another to call being dumb for saying Cam Newton will go #1. He guaranteed it on the air the night prior to the draft he wouldnt go #1. Now that was stupid. I tweeted him on draft night with no response.

This wasnt the only time he acted like this, i forget the others, but the Newton #1 really stood out for me.

Does it? He was fired from there and now fired from WECK. WGR is lucky to have the Sabres.

Schopp has been much more condescending than Riter--- in fact, I've never thought of Riter as being that way, although I didn't listen to much of his tenure at WECK. He wasn't fired from WGR for being condescending, anyhow.

Schopp has been much more condescending than Riter--- in fact, I've never thought of Riter as being that way, although I didn't listen to much of his tenure at WECK. He wasn't fired from WGR for being condescending, anyhow.

True, that was for being too arrogant to wake up in time for a 7pm shift.

It was part of the reason he was let go, it wasnt just on the air.

Archived