Scoring still an issue

Rico4Hall12

the forward "grit" complaint is getting old. remind me how "gritty" the western finalist sedin twins were so physical? last time i checked, biting fingers and flopping to the ice like a punter who had his jersey touched is "gritty". this team is a contender as is. who knows what will happen. everybody talks about boston toughness? well yes they are the champs now, but dont forget about the collapse against philly last year. same team team we took to 7 games this year. except now we are better, and philly is worse. we have the best goalie in the east, f tim thomas. miller had the nod in the olympics for a reason. our team is tough on the back end, versatile on the front, and to boot its wrapped up with a WORLD CLASS goaltender. watch the eff out east.

You do know Boston and Philly played this year in the playoffs? You might want to take a closer look at the results of that series.

You do know Boston and Philly played this year in the playoffs? You might want to take a closer look at the results of that series.

ahh yes. figured this would happen. right before the only part you bolded, i gave blowston their props for winning it all this year. i was simply referring to last years collapse. very much the same teams involved in philly and boston in both those series. complete 180 degree outcome in both years.

ya cant tell me were not good enough to win right now. i think we were the #8 seed that made it all the way to game six of the scf against dallas

ahh yes. figured this would happen. right before the only part you bolded, i gave blowston their props for winning it all this year. i was simply referring to last years collapse. very much the same teams involved in philly and boston in both those series. complete 180 degree outcome in both years.

ya cant tell me were not good enough to win right now. i think we were the #8 seed that made it all the way to game six of the scf against dallas

IMO we have enough skill for a deep run.

But what I see every year in the last two rounds is alot of intense physical play around all that skill. The Sedin twins may have acted like children in the Finals but the rest of that team played a brand of hockey that I've never seen the likes of Vanek, Roy, Pomminstein, Hecht, Ennis, Boyes, etc play. Those games were INTENSE and I'm not convinced our top 6 has that level of intensity in them. Our bottom 6 certainly does, but in the big rounds the entire team needs to play whatever-it-takes hockey. We saw that out of Van. Their two stars didn't play with the needed intensity. Even though the rest of the team for the most part did, what did it get them when the 2 big guys didn't show? I hope our guys get inspired enough to do it when/if the time comes. But I'm not banking on something that I've never seen out of them before.

IMO we have enough skill for a deep run.

But what I see every year in the last two rounds is alot of intense physical play around all that skill. The Sedin twins may have acted like children in the Finals but the rest of that team played a brand of hockey that I've never seen the likes of Vanek, Roy, Pomminstein, Hecht, Ennis, Boyes, etc play. Those games were INTENSE and I'm not convinced our top 6 has that level of intensity in them. Our bottom 6 certainly does, but in the big rounds the entire team needs to play whatever-it-takes hockey. We saw that out of Van. Their two stars didn't play with the needed intensity. Even though the rest of the team for the most part did, what did it get them when the 2 big guys didn't show? I hope our guys get inspired enough to do it when/if the time comes. But I'm not banking on something that I've never seen out of them before.

Agreed, we have enough skill for a deep run but IMO it comes down to goaltending. Thomas was incredible during the finals and look who's holding the cup. Great goaltending is directly related to how solid your defense is in front of you.

With our new defense additions, hopefully some of the pressure will be off Miller and we win a few games 1-0, 2-1, etc.

I have a related question...are our current RFA's vulnerable to offer sheets at this time...offer sheets that we would be hard pressed to match since we're against the cap?

The one's that don't accept Qualifying offers are....but I don't expect that to be a problem this year.

Buffalo can spend roughly another 8 million this off-season before they have to trim down.

The results of that series was that Boston won....but was much less physically aggressive than Philly.

Boston didn't try to pound Philly....they beat that forecheck by absorbing hits and making safe short passes.

Archived