All about scary players

This is exactly what I don't think. Marcus Foligno is 20. He isn't even close to his peak size and strength as a hockey player. He's also inexperienced and has never played against NHL competition. Or AHL competition.

McCormick is a grown man and a proven commodity in the NHL. I really don't want to have to tell guys like Roy, Vanek, Ennis, Gerbe, Pominville, Miller, etc. that the guy responsible for protecting them if the other team starts getting stupid out there is a 20 year old (who we picked to save $200,000).

Agreed. Just like the idea of using Kassian in McCormick's role right now. Neither have the NHL experience to do what Cody does - enforce without too many trips to the penalty box or even suspensions. Give them both some seasoning in the big league and then I think we can absolutely expect them to replace Cody (or whomever).

Foligno could do do everything McCormick can do right now. What is his contract at the NHl level - 800? 900? As we build a team with high priced free agents, our role players have to be bargains. Over pay 3 or 4 guys by a couple hundred thousand each and its an issue.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player and I like him, I just think 1.2 for his skill set is too much. Hell, Kaleta has more offensive upside than Cody. But Cody has proven much more durable.

If for some reason he regresses, they can easily buy him out after a year or two. It will be a very cheap move to make.

This is exactly what I don't think. Marcus Foligno is 20. He isn't even close to his peak size and strength as a hockey player. He's also inexperienced and has never played against NHL competition. Or AHL competition.

McCormick is a grown man and a proven commodity in the NHL. I really don't want to have to tell guys like Roy, Vanek, Ennis, Gerbe, Pominville, Miller, etc. that the guy responsible for protecting them if the other team starts getting stupid out there is a 20 year old (who we picked to save $200,000).

True. I like Foligno's chances of making the NHL in a year....but he's no lock.

True. I like Foligno's chances of making the NHL in a year....but he's no lock.

I want Kassian to get a year of seasoning in the AHL as well. I think it will be good for him to have roomates, learn to be an adult and do the bus thing. And having the two of them there will give them time to grow together and improve on the chemistry they had at the World Juniors.

Archived