82-Game Season and Points

frissonic

Thanks for that. So since the start of the year, the Devils have gained 2 points on us. So much for that "nothing short of miraculous" treatment they've been getting around here up until last week.

The Devils just lost 5 out of 6 games. They were only 6 points behind Buffalo before that slide.

Well i did some work because i am new to the forum!

Sabres 24-10-5 since 1-1-11 (15-19-4 before)

only 2 teams did better with my quick homework, and those were new jersey and vancouver. even with as well as they have played, there were still games i thought they had a poor effort. this should be a bad first round matchup for any of the top 3. Sabres are 4-1-1 against boston this year.

obviously every team is streaky and has slumps in a season. but if the sabres had been equally successful in oct/nov/dec, they would be in first place in the eastern conference.

IMO, this is the perfect "getting hot at the right time" scenario for the sabres. everybody is talking about philly and pittsburgh, nothing about the sabres. definitly underdogs. and its way more exciting that way

Great post and welcome to the board! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. So since the start of the year, the Devils have gained 2 points on us. So much for that "nothing short of miraculous" treatment they've been getting around here up until last week.

Amen. Remember, that 2 point gain is all because NJ signed Kovy to a sensible deal and changed coaches in the middle of the season.

Archived