Q about lax protocol

Taro T

I'll be going to the Bandits - Kinigit Hawks game in Ra-cha-cha April 9th. I'm clearly rooting for Tavares and crew to put a whooping on the guys wearing teal. And, the cool thing is, the wife and kids are Bandits fans too.

The issue is, we are going to the game w/ THEIR lax teams who are predominantly KH fans. Do I wear my Tavares #11, my original (non #'d/named) Bandits jersey, a Sabres sweater, or just something random; and how do I suggest to the kids how they dress? (They're old enough that anything I suggest is simply that: a suggestion.)

I coach the kids hockey and soccer teams but am just another butt in a camping chair for the lax games.

My gut feel is I wear the old school Bandits shirt and let the kids wear what they want and let the repurcussions fall where they may.

wear the shirt and don't be obnoxious, fun will be had by all

I've NEVER raped and pillaged; although you can't blame someone for baby eating, they're just SOOOO tender. ;)

But actually, I tend to be very subdued when cheering my team on as they always seem to be beyond terrible when I do head towards obnoxiousville.

I've NEVER raped and pillaged; although you can't blame someone for baby eating, they're just SOOOO tender. ;)

But actually, I tend to be very subdued when cheering my team on as they always seem to be beyond terrible when I do head towards obnoxiousville.

I can't imagine Rochester being all that hostile. I've always just ignored any crap I get out here in Boston and it usually goes away pretty quickly. Only the truly obnoxious keep at you after you show you're not looking for a confrontation.

It really does depend on the people around you. I remember taking my family to a Sabres game where I ended up sitting next to two Bruins fans (a guy and his gf I'm guessing). Shot the sh!t with the guy most of the game and had fun with the two of them. Directly on the other side of them were 3 guys doing nothing but talking sh!t to them the whole game to which they just ignored.

There will always be good people there to have a good night out watching something they love and then there will always be the a-holes that are just there to get drunk and hate on the other teams players, fans, coaches, wives, etc.

Wear the jersey and play the hand your dealt. Having the kids with you, no matter what they wear, will probably keep the hecklers at bay.

I can't imagine Rochester being all that hostile. I've always just ignored any crap I get out here in Boston and it usually goes away pretty quickly. Only the truly obnoxious keep at you after you show you're not looking for a confrontation.

Guys, I'm not worried about what the random KH fans think. I've worn Bandits gear in that barn on several occasions. I'm concerned about what the KH fans that I'm going to the game with would think.

That's the reason that I'm not automatically wearing the #11. I'm not sure how uncool the kids on my kids teams will think it is. I'm guessing it's probably not a big deal to them which is why I'm leaning towards wearing O&B.

Archived