Lines for 12/15/10

korab rules

Doesn't seem so crazy, really. I think anyone can step into the wild card spot with Roy and Vanek and do well - they could use a grinder to do the dirty work for them, although I would prefer McCormick to Niedermeyer in this role. Hecht and Pominville have been showing signs of life lately and Stafford was looking much improved before the injury. Ennis-Connolly-Kaleta could be a good combo. Lots of skill and a bruiser to open up some space - and who knows, maybe Kaleta can cash in on some opportunities with two playmakers on his line. Remember that he was showing finishing touch last season.

Whatever, it's nice to have some experienced players back. Might as well mix things up. Hopefully it works out.

Doesn't seem so crazy, really. I think anyone can step into the wild card spot with Roy and Vanek and do well - they could use a grinder to do the dirty work for them, although I would prefer McCormick to Niedermeyer in this role. Hecht and Pominville have been showing signs of life lately and Stafford was looking much improved before the injury. Ennis-Connolly-Kaleta could be a good combo. Lots of skill and a bruiser to open up some space - and who knows, maybe Kaleta can cash in on some opportunities with two playmakers on his line. Remember that he was showing finishing touch last season.

Whatever, it's nice to have some experienced players back. Might as well mix things up. Hopefully it works out.

Seriously? You think we can just pop any old nobody onto the wing on our top line and they will be fine? Yikes.

I thought the Hecht at center experiment was done 2 years ago. He is not an NHL center, particularly on the second line. Although he is better on faceoffs than connolly.

Ennis connolly Kaleta is as horrible a line as I could ever dream of - two set up men and no one to finish. Ennis and connolly can skate around passing the puck to each other while Kaleta runs into the boards. Great.

Apologies to Chz - I now see you previously posted it in the Gerbe thread. I looked on the front page to see if anyone had posted, but didn't think to look in Gerbe's thread for the lineup, although it certainly does impact him. Guess they will need a booster seat in the press box tonight.

Could be an indication of how well prepared the returning players are. Connolly may not be all good yet and is put on a line that might not get a lot of ice time to start with.

By the end of the game with LR runnin' three lines.

Gerbe-Roy-Vanek

Nieds-Goose-Grier

Ennis-Hecht-Pommers

Could be an indication of how well prepared the returning players are. Connolly may not be all good yet and is put on a line that might not get a lot of ice time to start with.

By the end of the game with LR runnin' three lines.

Gerbe-Roy-Vanek

Nieds-Goose-Grier

Ennis-Hecht-Pommers

So who starts the night in the press box, then?

I don't hate gerbe on the top line, but i do hate Hecht at center.

I assume Lindy is trying to throw some grit on each line.

Neids on the 1st line is a joke. Slow and no hands. He'll be trailing the play all night on that line.

And Kaleta-Connolly-Ennis is equally strange unless Connolly is only dressed to get PP time and the 4th line isn't getting much ice time in that configuration.

I assume Lindy is trying to throw some grit on each line.

Neids on the 1st line is a joke. Slow and no hands. He'll be trailing the play all night on that line.

And Kaleta-Connolly-Ennis is equally strange unless Connolly is only dressed to get PP time and the 4th line isn't getting much ice time in that configuration.

This would be classic Ruff. Forget that fact that our power play has actually improved in Connolly's absence.

Archived